xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Casanova1405241497

How To Create Paths Like Usr/bin ? Dont know how to Make

yesterday i Installed Xamp On my Xp And I want to install Imagemagick .! Confused How to Make the paths like usr/bin etc.! Can someone put some light on paths ..As im very new to this.! I hav installed in e:/Xamp/And where to install Imagemagic and Giving proper paths.! Plz help me out.! :PAlso wanted to install Sox but i guess its very complicated So Presently want imagemagick installed on my testing server! :P

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Imagemagick is usually installed in /usr/bin - assuming that you're running a linux server. But in your case it seems you've installed these components on a Windows based system - in such cases, you do not need to create folders of the format /usr/whatever ... that is atypical to Linux ONLY.

For windows - you'd have to download the windows binaries and use the accompanying installers to install them to whatever paths you feel comfortable and then update the changes in your config. files for these softwares. This entirely depends on you - and for you, I think, the best bet will be to install them to their default paths - unless you keep track of where which one is going.