xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

SMF 1.1 Beta Released! Just released

Yes, all the posts are stored in the database along with all other data.If things go wrong, we just download SMF 1.0.5 again and install and restore the backup.The update will override all your files, but getting 1.0 files is easy, just re-download them.Add me to MSNM if you wish, trekkie101@gmail.com :)

Thanks. Added you to MSN. :)

OK, I'm trying to do this but ran a few tests on SMF 1.1. I seem to be having problems installing two of the mods I want. One of them if SMF Shop, but I think this one is not SMF compatible yet. I checked and it's not listing SMF 1.1 there.

But for the SMF Arcade, why does it fail on Sources/Subs.php? It happens to ./Sources/Post.php for SMF Shop. I have went in and set the setting to All are files writable. I just enter that and hit Go. Then I should save it right? All done. I applied those two mods and both failed. I didn't proceed after that. To make sure, I manually went into my cPanel and saw that every file/folder is 777 already.

Is it really safe to set all my SMF files to 777? No security risk at all?

I'm holding off on the upgrade for now until this can be cleared up.

For the upgrade, can I just upload the upgrade zip file into the main forum folder and extract the files using cPanel? Will that overwrite the files correctly? Do I need to chmod any of those upgrade files?

Right, ill install a spare copy of SMF today and have a go with the mods and see whats up.

Yes that tool shopuld do it, and 777 isnt a secuirty risk at all.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
You might wanna read that.

As for the File Manager, I dont have a clue, ill test that aswell :)

Ill have answers here later on once ive done the tests :P

Thanks for the link Trekkie. I remember reading that a long time ago, but never did chmod all my files to 777. Had some problems before in the past probably because of this. :)Don't want to sound pushy or anything LOL, but did you find time to test it out yet?

Right, the Shop hasnt been updated for 1.1 Beta 3, ill make a post about it at Simple Machines.

I dont know why the arcade isnt working, but I know how to fix it, Install it, ignoring the warning.

Then Open "Souces/Subs.php" and find

if (allowedTo('manage_smileys')) 	 $context['admin_areas']['config']['areas']['manage_smileys'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=smileys">' . $txt['smileys_manage'] . '</a>';

and just after it, add this

if (allowedTo('admin_arcade')) 	 $context['admin_areas']['config']['areas']['admin_arcade'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcadeadmin">' . $txt['admin_arcade'] . '</a>';

And thats the thing that failed done manually.

Happy Modding, ill chase up the shop :)

LOL. Don't worry about the delay. I was waiting very patiently :) I really appreciate you taking your time to do the testing for me.

OK, do you know what went wrong there and if it will be fixed? Probably no need to worry once I upgrade. :P I try to do some of these manually by looking at the threads there, but some are over 25 pages long. Eyes go blurry after page 10 or so :P I guess you found the code buried somewhere there. I will give this a try now. Just need to wrap things up in the forum first, back it up and then put it in maintenance mode.

I never installed the shop on my live forum before but did take a look at it and think my users will like the idea. Thanks for posting this at SMF.

Will post back on the status of the upgrade when I get it done. Just have one more thing to ask you to do before I upgrade (please :P ):

As for the File Manager, I dont have a clue, ill test that aswell

Were you able to extract the upgrade zip file and replace the older SMF 1.0.5 files correctly in cPanel? If not, I will do this manually then.

Wasn't the 1.1 RC 2 released just recently ? well, whenever it was released... I like it :DAnd I will try to host that on Xisto, when I get my account, since it looks really promising, with all those features. And what I like most, is the price :D

Yep SMF 1.1RC2 was just released. Brings a ton of new features, and speedups, should work with even smaller resources on hosts now :lol: Although Xisto never really had any trouble. http://download.simplemachines.org/

A new theme is now in place and most people like it better and think it more proffesional. Its included by default in the download and upgrade of SMF 1.1 RC2

Theres an online manual now aswell for documentation on the project which is helpful for users. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/?docRedirect

A mod site for mods as youd expect :) but its a ton more useful now and has a lot more mods. http://mods.simplemachines.org/

And to make theme choosing even easier you can now visit the theme site and choose the themes you want (big selection now) and auto install them through your admin panel. http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

SMF is currently better than ever :lol: