xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

Introduction To Copyright Protection What is...Copyright protection?

Also, everywhere on the net I see people put Copyright to whoever, is it alright to do that, I mean, it isn't legally copyrighted, but it is the respected owner's material of that website, so I guess in a way, it is alright, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nobody wants their works stolen, therefore they all lie and say they copyrighted it. It's okay, in my opinion but there are better ways to prevent rippers.

Strange as this can sound I dont agree with some copy right laws say a photgrapher takes a picture of a tree with a name on it. Days pass and someone else takes a picture of the same tree. Now you saying the first owns the rights to take the picture and sells it as his when did he have permission to take the picture from the owner of the tree? You can only write code so many ways before you start looking like everyone else. And backgrounds come into light who reall owns that background you reall like seeing on joes page did joe make it or did joe take it from sams page or was it given to him. even if you ask joe for permission does he own the rights to it???

Good question. You can take a picture of the same tree as long as you aren't on the exact same position as "Joe." At least that's what I think. But I could be wrong, Joe doesn't own the tree.

By United Sates law, and this piece is respected in most countries, publication of any copyrightable material cause it to be cpyrighted to the author, photographer, whatever, whther it be published in print or online, by the owner or a publishing agency. So all those things that say Copyright <Year> <Name> are really copywritten. It isn't lying.And no, Jow does not own the tree, he owns the particular picture of the tree he took. If you take a picture of the same tree in the same position, that is not cpyright violation UNLESS you do it to have a replica of Joe's work. but in court your intent would need to be proven.~VizP.S. This response isCopyright 2005 Zvi Effron, All Rights Reserved to Xisto Corporation and any subsidiaries thereof.

Edited by vizskywalker (see edit history)

Nobody wants their works stolen, therefore they all lie and say they copyrighted it. It's okay, in my opinion but there are better ways to prevent rippers.

Good question. You can take a picture of the same tree as long as you aren't on the exact same position as "Joe." At least that's what I think. But I could be wrong, Joe doesn't own the tree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, thank you for clearing things up for me! I too have put the copyright notice on my website, even though the material is not legally copyrighted to my name. I guess, I would not want my work stolen either, so I would rather lie and say it is copyrighted than have people steal my work, rip it, and claim it as their own.

Excellent information. I've always sort of wondered if there was some official legal process that I had to endure in order to stick that neat little "C" at the bottom of my pages. Neverseen, you suggested sending yourself an envelope to serve as proof .. so for a webpage you'd recommend printing the source code and mailing that to yourself? Would that stand up as well?