xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Change In Posting Credits?

Not really sure if this is the right spot but I'm a hosted member so here goes. Has the credit that one recieves for posting been decreased? I noticed last week when I posted a rather long tutorial that I only recieved like 10 points. About a month ago I done the same and got around 20-30 points.The reason that I bring this up is I might have problems making my quota if the points have been reduced. By nature I am a fairly quite guy and posting for spaces doesn't really lend itse;f to my personality. The only way that I have flurished in this groups is its a big computer nerd/programming orgy in here and I fit right in. I also have the tendancy to only post what is vital to answer the question or only answer questions that I feel I have some authority over. I prefer to write very concise and helpful articles in the form of tutorials. The most recent tutorial took around 8 hours to get just right. When I posted it and only got 10 point it kinda threw me for a loop.All appoligies if I'm just crazy and nothing changed. Otherwise please reconsider the policy change so that I can write what needs to be said and not make long bloated statements such as is written here.

Nope - it's always been like that. There's a certain feature built into the hosting system, that checks whether you credits are below 30 or not.If below 30 - it's much more lenient towards you - and gives you a big bulk of credits for your posts. However, once you cross thrity, the same post and any subsequent posts would fetch you far less credits. This applies to all. The system simply gives you a push through when you're below thirty to help you make up for a months time - but not after that.. Actually the after 30 credit rating is the real one against which everyone's posts are evaluated. The below 30 scheme is there to help out the new members and for those who haven't been able to post for a while - to quickly raise their credits count back.Regards,m^e

Thats pretty decent, making sure people don't need to post like a bat out of hell when their credits start running out. Makes sense on a bigger scale too since at this rate I could probably pull like a years worth of hosting credits within a month or so of posting heh

Yeah, I was starting to get worried there, too... I've already posted my good tutorials and I really don't have too much to talk about Lol Ahh... I have no life :/

I'm struggling to get to my quota per day because of homework and coursework deadlines and other schoolwork...I think I'll be leaving Xisto once I get back to positive and retrieve my emails. I'll stay semi-active here but will move my hosting elsewhere becuase I just can't keep up the work here.Thanks for everything though, and I won't be gone from here :P

The under 30 credits getting more for their work is a good idea. Once you get over 30, if you are consistent in posting, you can keep your credits up. It just takes patience and remembering the rules about good sentence structure and not fragmenting one's sentences.Astahost is doing a great job. Once I found my own schedule of posting and keeping my credits up, it made things much easier for me and for those who go to my forum. No more "account suspended" notices, just lots of posting and sharing.You can easily post, you have knowledge about your computer and what you are interested in. Those interests translate into posts. You can help answer questions from other people or share your thoughts on a piece of software. You can do it, just one post at a time.Keep on posting.

If below 30 - it's much more lenient towards you - and gives you a big bulk of credits for your posts. However, once you cross thrity, the same post and any subsequent posts would fetch you far less credits. This applies to all. The system simply gives you a push through when you're below thirty to help you make up for a months time - but not after that..

Actually the after 30 credit rating is the real one against which everyone's posts are evaluated. The below 30 scheme is there to help out the new members and for those who haven't been able to post for a while - to quickly raise their credits count back.

Regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Below 30 credits is more lenient, or below 30 posts? It would make more sense, in my opinion, to be 30 posts since once you've got that many you've probably been here awhile and don't need easy credits .. but maybe my logic is wrong, wouldn't be the first time. ;)

That's not exactly good though derouge. The reason for the credit system was so that users can post knowledgeable information here at the forum. If Xisto based it on posts only, then I'm sure we will see one or two word posts from users. Example (simple one I made up):

Original topic starter says:I think the AMD chips are better than Pentium.  What do you guys think?

A user who wants to reach the 30 posts mark without caring what they post might say:
AMD is better.

See what I mean? We usually want to have more than a few words in your reply so the information is more useful.

After all, Xisto did mention that they hope to have this big forum with lots of information for users to lookup on.