xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Installing.. help please

hey how do install phpnuke to my root dir? like i don't want to redirect it so its sends me to the nuke index page. i want it to automatically go there by itself (berkoli.trap17.com) i havent done anything yet.. is that possible? making phpnuke my index/ homepage ?

OOO! I want to know how to do this, too.I don't use PHPNuke, but I do have a blog (powered by Nucleus), and I want people to access it directly in my root directory without having to add a redirect code.*tracks topic*

hi,I suppose moving the contents of nuke folder to root directory should solve the problem.I have not tried it out, so make sure you backup your files before you try it out.Cheers.

Upload to the root directory. It's simple as that.Or if you want to install it from cpanel... then I can't help you redirect the mysql.Just try moving the whole directory.

i guess there is an automatically script from fantastico ti instal phpnuke, then there is a prompt to install where ever we want. just put into root directory, it will install. and finish with confirmation.but the bad news is.. i never using phpnuke. so its just i guess :angry:

If you haven't installed from fantastico in cpanel you can install at root directory directly. While installing it will ask you if you want to install it to the root directory or to some folder (which you need to specify). You can leave blank there and install it. Its simple. That installation will place php-nuke at index and all the files and folder will remain at public_html.Or else if you have already installed in some folder, just move all the files and folder to public_html file and change your configuration file, meaning you must change the 'file path' to point to your database.

The simple way :Use a Ftp connect. Then go to your Phpnuke dirselect it all.--> move all to root----> install Phpnuke.Ps : Permission of root dir " pulic_html" maybe need changed. :angry:

1st: I always install boards/blogs via ftp2nd: You should have installed it in the root directory....if not just do the following:*access your ftp*look at the folder it is in*move that folder to ur /public_html/ sectionNow it should be in the root directory but most blogs dont normally need that,.....they automatically redirect if you dont have a html site installed in the root directory :)

ok i installed my phpnuke through fantastico? i havent tried it doing that way because its kinda hard.. i tried it one time but i have to edit the configure and add db and al that. with fantastico its much easier. Has anybody been able to do this? if so maybe you could help me. Peace

ok i installed my phpnuke through fantastico?  i havent tried it doing that way because its kinda hard.. i tried it one time but i have to edit the configure and add db and al that. with fantastico its much easier. Has anybody been able to do this? if so maybe you could help me.

Peace

61157[/snapback]

Lol...it will never redirect like that,....dream on bro