xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etan

Linksys Portforwarding Problem Maybe you guys can help

Ok First off I have a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband router. The problem is when I enter all my stuff for portforwarding and click enable then click save changes it does not save.I contatced the people at Lynksys and their insturctions could not help me. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this.I also have updated my frimware and hardrested

Well, first of all, make sure you upgrade to the newest BIOS for your router.

Next, be sure that you select enable in the port forwarding row that you are working in. It seems like an obvious thing but if you enter all of your information and don't check the enabled box all of the settings for that row will be lost.

Also, if your BIOS is like mine, then it may a matter of either using or not using Plug N Play (PnP) forwarding. Linksys firewall settings are notoriously difficult to get around. I have to set my computer to DMZ when playing online games. I can't connect to any servers otherwise.

One other thing, Protocol TCP and Protocol UDP must be set correctly. If they are wrong, then the BIOS may reject the entire entry.

What are you trying to forward and to where?

I forward HTTP requests to my test server. :P

vujsa

EDIT:

Sorry, just reread your post and many of my suggestions were already tried.