xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nickmealey

Dell Computers Who likes um?

Is anybody out there who likes the Dell computer like me? Cuz, I bought one like a few months ago, and I really like it.

I've seen Dell computer specifications, and I don't like it. Some people would say that you get the most for your money, and to some extent, I agree. Their computers are usually around 1.5 GHz to 2.9 GHz, and that's really good.If you're into heavy gaming like Far Cry or video editing, I would not recommend it because you'll probably get 4 FPS. I currently have a 2.5 GHz computer, and it's a piece of shizzle. Spend your money on a good video card instead. You'll like it in the long run.

nick, you have posted this in the wrong section of the website. Please note that this is the area for web hosting requests, not for computer discussino, this thread has been moved to the computer discussion area. thx,-whyme

I think that they're one of the best that you can get off the market, but I base that simply on the fact that in dealing with Gateways, Compaqs, and other computers, Dell has been the best. (Compaq is total trash :angry: )Others who use this forum will probably speak less positivly about Dell. I also believe that a custom made computer is what's best, which I'm sure is what most techies who know a lot more about computers that I do will say.If you run a normal amount of programs, you'll be alright with a Dell. But if you are a serious computer junkie and run a lot of resource-consuming programs such as games, you'd better get something else, or the best of what Dell has to offer.

I personally do not like dell computers now. My schools use some fot he older dells and the newer ones. I personally like the older ones better. I think that newer ones are crap. I always have had twice as many problems with the newer ones than with the older ones. I like my computer. i have an emachine and it is very solid.

I use a dell that Ive had for about 3 yrs already and I still like it and it runs perfect. Ive had some problems with it cuz I messed it up lol but i fixed it easily with theyre support forum. Theyre support is good but sometimes I really hate it cuz its some foreign person on the phone and you cant understand what the hell theyre saying. Also alot of the people i know are starting to get dell and my school just uses the dell moniters

If u wanna a good pc, buy every component and make it :angry: It's difficult but u have total control. U can find every tipe of benchmark on internet so u can chose the best way for your use...

my school uses dell computers, simply becasue they're easy to order and they have special rates for schools, however, i don't thinkthat they are the best, my 2.01 ghx computer is faster than my schools 2.2 ghz computer, and mines was custom biult. In most cases Dell computers were better when the company just started, it's just losing it's intergrity in making computers now.

ummm,Dell is real a good computer company all over the world.he offer rather good thought and performance to his computer,espesially on laptop...my classmates have several dell computer,like d600 or insprson series.although the style or shape of dell are not very beautiful or charming like apple powerbook,it is welcome by many people who work on IT or majoy on IT field. :angry:

as i know from newspaper i was read, DELL is in the top rank PC. IBM, HP-Compaq are below. i knew then CEO of Hewlett Packard was fired.In my office i bought 2 Dell-PCs some month ago. they are pentium 4 3.2GHz, and support 2 monitors on video graphics card. It preinstalled win-xp_pro. it seems run well until now.One of that PC, i used to intranet web-server using linux redhat 9.0 plus 10k.rpm scsi hdd. it was running well before until nov'04. the Power supply' fan was stuck. services under warranty was very long time, 3 month for fixed. actually replace by the new one. now using new power supply, just one day the same case occured. currently i use unbranded power supply while waitng for the next services. :angry:

Is anybody out there who likes the Dell computer like me? Cuz, I bought one like a few months ago, and I really like it.

60164[/snapback]

although i do not own a dell computer, i like it very much because of the price and function as well as the outlook

For atleast 5 years now i have used Dells. I love them because they are reliable and run smoothly. Earlier in this topic someone mentioned poor fps from them but i depends on what you add to it. For one, right now i am using a Dell Inspirion XPS Gen 1 and it get atleast 30 fps in Doom 3 on Medium settings and keep in mind that this is a laptop. Obviously, if you build the computer yourself, you can customize it to operate at much more efficient and powerful levels but normally, if you are going to do that you need to buy the most expensive and state of the art parts. Thus, they can cost a fortune. Overall, Dells are well made and reliable computers that dont have to break the budget of its owner. Plus, they can easily be updated

I heard that the best laptops out there are Toshibas. (Did I spell that right?) :rolleyes: Dells, along with all major computer companies such as Compaq, IBM, etc. all use cheap power supplies and motherboards. The most important part of a computer is the motherboard. And if you have a cheap, low quality power supply, it will degrade the performance of the computer and on some occasions, cause damage to the internal components over time due to inconsistent power. For all computers, it is good to have a name-brand, high quality power supply and motherboard. A surge protector would also regulate a smooth flow of power to the power supply.If I ever get a computer again, I'm going to custom build it with name brand components.

We use mostly dell computers and servers in the office and so far they have worked out pretty good. They are a few IBM and Toshiba laptops as well but both of them have proven to be very difficult to work with and they have constant problems. So I would say that I am very happy with the products that Dell is offering and the support that they provide.