xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Is Nintendo Revolution ?

I heard the nintendo is going to crating an other consol after the game cube ,if it true can you give me more information Please !!!!!

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

'Ok, that was just a tad confusing. What exactly does "what is a revolution?" have to do with a new console? And I was thinking you were doing a SOSE assignment, lol.

All, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, are making a new console. Microsoft is working on XboX360, Sony on PS3 and Nintendo on Revolution, but it sounds a little weird to me, if you dind't heart of that earlier. All the magazines are talking about this more than a year. And then I can tell you, that the 360 will come out first (hope end this year). The PS3 next (begin next year) and Revolution last (middle next year). There's not much information about the Revolution yet, cus he's not yet whole developed. There's more information about 360 and PS3 I think, but all three will have more options than just playing games I think. The 360 is a whole multimedia center. But just look it up on google. Or go the the main sites of Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, there will be a lot of information available.

I heard the nintendo is going to crating an other consol after the game cube ,if it true can you give me more information Please !!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Nintendo is creating another console.

The revolution is the "code name" of their next console, because it is supposed to bring a revolution in gaming.

The revolution will be able to download retro games and play them, for a small fee.

There will also be free wifi service(possibly, not confirmed yet, but pretty much assumed.) assumeing that you have the hardware.

The Revolution will play gamecube games as well.

I gotta go for now, but when i get back in a bit i'll explain more about the revo.

The Nintendo Revolution is gonna be the opponent of the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 in the war about the best game console. You can play games of the new Revolution, the GameCube and you can download games of the older Nintendos until even the NES!!!-=jeroen=-

:P thnk you Rejected, Moody, iceblade, & warbird , you mean that the revolution is going to be a revolution in gaming , I am in a hurry to see the result of the nintendo :P

I realy hope that people arent getting too cought up in Revolution. Despite how much I want it to succeed and be "A Revolution" in gaming, its just not going to happen. Im shure there will be some great games over its lifespan but its realy not going to come close to being actual competition to the other 2 consoles. The biggest downfall for Nintendo is its own "revolution". The controller is going to hurt the console if they dont have a standard controller out of the box. Also if they focus too much on the retro gaming aspect they will hurt themselves. Having access to all the old games is great but it wont sell consoles to anyone but the handfull of retro gamers out there. Not to mention that games will require purchase from the Revolutions network.

I realy hope that people arent getting too cought up in Revolution. Despite how much I want it to succeed and be "A Revolution" in gaming, its just not going to happen. Im shure there will be some great games over its lifespan but its realy not going to come close to being actual competition to the other 2 consoles. The biggest downfall for Nintendo is its own "revolution". The controller is going to hurt the console if they dont have a standard controller out of the box. Also if they focus too much on the retro gaming aspect they will hurt themselves. Having access to all the old games is great but it wont sell consoles to anyone but the handfull of retro gamers out there. Not to mention that games will require purchase from the Revolutions network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this time around Nintendo will do it right though. Before they went with those mini dvds, which they could've went with a normal dvd at least, and that would enable them to also play dvd movies like the other two major consoles. Nintendo's licking its wounds, and building up from that lesson it learnt, that's why it's going with dvds now.

If Nintendo gets this right, the Revolution might just stand a chance this time around, I even believe it'll be almost equal competition for the XBox360 if the effort is well put. It's still likely that the PS3 will be the major leader again, but as long as Nintendo tries this time with this Revolution, I think we can see a brighter future for this console.

Another good feature of it is backwards compatibility. I was thinking of buying both PS3 and Revolution, and the new Zelda coming out looks very nice, and since my Gamecube is getting old and very very bad, I'm happy Revolution is doing what the other two companies are doing, and what the Nintendo DS did, have backwards compatibility. Now hopefully we see more games like this on the Revolution, including old favorites like Metroid, Mario, Smash Brothers, and etc.

With the XBox360 launching before the PS3 I think that if Sony does lead the pack again I think it will be by a small margin. The 360, in my humble opinion, is gonna be the better machine. While Sony is touting that the PS3 is massivly faster and more powerful then its predisesor, which is a good thing, from what I hear they are still holding onto the predetermined game design format while XBox is one again saying, "you have X amount of ram and disc space, have fun."As for the only thing that is gonna make the PS3 Truely stand out from the crowd with the specs that have been "offically" released to-date, the Blu-Ray support, we will have to wait and see if Blu-Ray becomes the next standard, or go the way of the super-disk, DAT, mini-disc, and the 8 track.As for me, while I have played many games on the sony systems, and if I could afford to I bought used playstations (1 and 2). I bought the XBox when it first launched, and I'll be buying the 360 when it launches and watch to see where the PS3 goes.

i am going to buy one of these from what i have read it will be well worth the money and cheaper than a ps3 or xbox 360 which is always good.....i hope it comes in a range of colours and if i get one it better live up to my expectations with it being able to play gamecube games and download old n64 games off of the net....if it doesnt i will b p!$$3D

I dunno if you realzied this but the Internet connection is completely free. The Wii will be Wi-Fi right out the box on launch day. However, the access of games will cost money. It hasn't been decided whether they will use points by buying the games or not, though. I think the Wii will do well. Each system is way different than each other. This a first for gaming I think, so we'll see how things go.

Not the Revolution... Now called WiiThe Wii (pronounced as the pronoun "we," IPA: is the fifth video game console released by Nintendo. The console was previously known by its project code name of Revolution, and is the successor to the Nintendo GameCube. Although Nintendo states that its console targets a broader demographic than that of Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3, as part of the seventh generation of gaming consoles it competes with both on some levels.A distinguishing feature of the console is its wireless controller, the Wii Remote, which can be used as a handheld pointing device and can detect motion and rotation in three dimensions. Notable among the console's internal features is WiiConnect24, which enables it to receive messages and updates over the Internet while consuming very little electrical power.Nintendo first mentioned the console at the 2004 E3 press conference and later unveiled the system at the 2005 E3. Satoru Iwata revealed a prototype of the controller at the September 2005 Tokyo Game Show. In the 2006 E3, it won the first of several awards. By December 8, 2006, the console completed its launch in four key markets.

Isnt The Nintendo Revolution The Wii? o.oToo Many Game Systems These Days -.-;I Mean, They Came Out With...Nintendo DSSony PSPNintendo DS LITExBox360Nintendo WiiSonys PS3What Next?------------------It'd Be Pretty Cool If They Had A DDR SystemAwesome.