xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Questions About Bandwith

I have a couple of questions about bandwith.First of all: Do you know a few good hints or tips for saving bandwith, cus i'm running out of it?Second: If I host an image on another server (like geocities) and link my site to it, does it cost bandwith for me?Thanx in advance

Bandwidth saving tips:

No MP3s

No Videos

Reduce image quality a bit and use JPEG or PNG

MP3s and Video files are massive bandwidth hogs - so are high-resolution, high-quality pictures.

As you've stated yourself, it is a good idea to host your pictures elsewhere and provide thumbnails on your page here. That will surely save you a hell lot of bandwidth. :lol:

its perfectly possible to use geocities for image hosting and hotlink, but if you read the terms of service they can quite reasonably delete your account. fair enough i say if they get not return for their service. i was doing that for a while but now ive got Xisto it's fine. also if using a service like geocities the bandwidth on your geocities accound will be absolutly rubbish and if you have lots of images that might be a problemseems odd though that geocities cant be bothered to stop it, on my cpanel it takes only a second to set blocking up.