xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manymanymuch

Does Astahost Support Ruby Cgi? What are the general specifications?

I was searching this forum to find out if Xisto actually support Ruby. It remains vague to me.

I found Xisto from clickherefree.com when searching for webhosts featuring Ruby.

But on Xisto's own page of complete hosting feature, there is no mention of Ruby. Also, on free-webhosts.com there is no mention of Ruby under Xisto's description..

Q: Does Xisto - Support Ruby CGI programming? if so, what are the general specifications?

How about you try a Ruby CGI script(an easy one) to see if it works...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the looks of things, he isn't hosted yet so he's asking before he gets an account (it would be a waste of time if he got a hosting account, just to find out that it didn't do what he wanted).

Perhaps you could try emailing or PMing the admins, or if you posted an example Ruby CGI script here I would be more that willing to try it on my account to see if it works. :lol:

Enjoy your time here at Xisto!

#!/usr/bin/ruby# hello1.cgiputs "content-type: text/html" putsputs "<html>" puts "<body>" puts "<h1>Hello Ruby!</h1>" puts "</body>" puts "</html>"

I got this Ruby hello world code from http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.coolnamehere.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2300300503455222

It should work if /usr/bin/ruby is where Ruby CGI is located at.

Can you try this to see if it will run saxsux? Thanks in advance.

Yeah. Currently ruby is getting more common and I personally like to try out Ruby as what others stated that its pretty efficient in the performance. I guess a lot of us in Xisto would like to try that out too. :rolleyes: