xisto Community
sparx

Live8 Concerts Saturday, 02 July 2005

If you haven't heard about the Live8 concerts and the renewed campaign to end poverty and help African nations, you must be living under a rock. :lol:

But seriously, the concerts themselves will be a blast to watch. The Hyde Park, London concert will be the flagship concert and involves the who's who of the music biz performing live -

For once, viewers in India will also get to watch an event of this magnitude. Tune in to VH1 India , SAT 02 July 2005 @ 17:30 IST

Go to the site to learn more, sign a petition and lend support.

SAT 02 JULY 2005 (1300-2030 GMT)

* Annie Lennox
* Bob Geldof
* Coldplay
* Dido
* Elton John
* Joss Stone
* Keane
* Killers, The
* Madonna
* Mariah Carey
* Ms. Dynamite
* Paul McCartney
* Pink Floyd
* Razorlight
* REM
* Robbie Williams
* Scissor Sisters
* Snoop Dogg
* Snow Patrol
* Stereophonics
* Sting
* Travis
* U2
* UB40
* Velvet Revolver

I think that the show was brilliant.The Paul McCartney and U2 opening were outstanding! It was a real great start for a rock-concert! Good to see Paul McCartney on the scene again, and see how brilliant he makes a show.Scissor Sisters – the top of a live concert!When I heard that Scissor Sisters would join the list of artists that should play on the Live 8 concerts, I surely knew that it would be a show, which would be difficult to forget. Their dress wasn’t either easy to forget – a feathered, white dress. It wasn’t only their dress, which was funny and great to look at, also their kind of humour on the scene is so great that it’s hard to sit down and look at them. Green Day – the top of the heavy rock came to GermanyThe Live 8 concert was mostly a rock-concert, and Green Day did a great job in Germany! When Green Day came on the scene and started to play their punk- and rock music, I nearly forgot where I was. They have so much energy, and they really look like they love their business – to make music and play it on the great scene.Live 8 – The Long Walk to Justice Live 8 aren’t – as someone maybe thinks – a concert only for fun. The concerts political thought is to end poverty in the poor world, and as they say: Make Poverty History!