xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

The Next "windows"... The tech. that will turn the world...

Hey peeps....I'm just a little curious about the next technology that would turn the world around again... As you already know, Microsoft came out with windows and promise that everybody in our nation would own their own computer and by doing so, windows is the number one used operating systems. Bill Gates became the king of the world with his outrageous amount of money....So what's next??? any new discovery that would push our economy to grow technologically like the computer growth?It seems to me we haven't grown much technologically, all Ive seen so far is upgrades after upgrades of different computer parts that makes your computer faster. Why can't they just achieve the smallest way to build chips and sell the faster right away, instead of ripping people off with upgrades.Basically I curiousity is : will there be something that would be anything with tthe possibility to be in everybody's home and benefit for everybody to use?Chin Chin....

LoL, I hope computers are going to be a lot smaller. And also safer. I hate virusses and spyware. The only problem is that, every time somebody makes a good antispyware or antivirus program, the makers of the virusses also going te make a new program that makes it useless..... :lol:

when they started making computers there wasn't much funding.. even when the first towers came out, thats why they were slow and expensive.. over time of making a lot of money with the business they can afford to go out on the limb and take chances with new equiptment and making new smaller chips, this is why there is no like 1 trig of speed and a couple zigs of ram lol..

Yup.. :lol:  futuristic computer viruses with a hit-tech GUI interface asking you "How do you want to get infected Today?" :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that kinda like M$ asking "How often do you want to crash today?" or "Do you want to save data? Are you sure? Really sure? Ok, you clicked yes, but I know you mean you want to crash and lose data, so lets just do that."

Or the stupid Office Assistant!

^^ I love that stupid office assistant :lol:I for one dont' even think billy's new product will revolutionize computer technology.I think it's just gunna be a flashy new windows that requires the most advanced computers to run it :lol:. Forcing us all to spend 1000's more just to stay up to date :lol:.It's the future babe.

I really doubt that computer technology will advance significantly for a few more years, I mean look at Windows, well I can't really say what I want to about it. It just affirms my belief that Apple is tryly the way to go with computer technology, and not just for there Ipods. I'm just waiting for my computer to die so I can trade up to a G5.Plus I don't believe we will ever really se the fastest processor on the market, what we are most likely seeing in the processors on the market are a few series behind in the newest models that are used by major corperations, we more likely the computer corperations that developed them. It is much more profitable to sell the older versions because they become less expensive to produce.Maybe one day we will see a benifit to everyone that owns a computer....but we have more of a chance of Microsoft collapsing next yearBy the way Microsoft really should test there software more then they do, there are far to many holes in there programs that have to be fixed soonerr or later.

Maybe a newer version of AIM obliterated the future?

I wouldnt be surprised.

Peoples entire lives sometimes revolve around computers. Someday they are going to screw the wrong person, and that person will go on a shooting rampage. If they are going to make any improvments to computers, it should be to make a computer that tells you jokes while its in the proccess of doing something that will piss you off. I really wont be happy with computers untill they reach the level of the computers in star trek.

Hey peeps....
I'm just a little curious about the next technology that would turn the world around again...

We've had a few major jumps in technology in the past 100 or so years. Electricity being in everyone's homes... and as has been stated above, just about every home in the United States now has some form of computer... most connected to the Internet.

Those things will still have yearly "Upgrades"... but in my oppinion until the SuperConductor that can run at room temp is developed, large jumps in technology will be waiting.

LoL, I hope computers are going to be a lot smaller. And also safer. I hate virusses and spyware. The only problem is that, every time somebody makes a good antispyware or antivirus program, the makers of the virusses also going te make a new program that makes it useless..... :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that is one hell of an infinite loop. :P

Hey peeps....

I'm just a little curious about the next technology that would turn the world around again...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I think that it'll be a multiple bunch of technologies that'll change the way technology is viewed and will be radically new technologies in themselves - stuff, that's current fiction. I'm actually doing a bit of research while I'm writing this out. And the insights I have so far make me more curious about where we'll land up in the next 10 years.

First and foremost - computing. Where will computers land up? As the size of chips get smaller and smaller, and the circuitary gets all the more cramped, we're going to hit a physical barrier, where we cant get any smaller, and not any faster with the chip technology. That's when we're going to have to look at alternative computing.

Enter 'Quantum Computing'

A defination of a quantum computer I found goes like this:

A proposed computer that would exploit the quantum mechanical nature of particles, such as electrons or atomic nuclei, to manipulate information as quantum bits, or qubits. Whereas an ordinary bit has at any time a value of either 0 or 1, a qubit can also take on both values at once. Because a quantum computer can act on these multiple states simultaneously, it is potentially many times as powerful as a conventional computer. (http://www.proquest.com/)

Basically it is using atoms, to solve problems quicker by utilizing the multiple states that atoms can exist in (unlike regular computing where there's either a 'yes' state or a 'no' state. Quantum computers are slated to make computing a snap, and will relegate most serious computing that we really involve ourselves in, as totally behind the scenes.

Medicine

The next thing that will seriously affect society as we know it is biotechnology, and more spicifically, bio medicine, where medication as well a cirtain degree of bio engineering will enable humans (and possibly other animals) to regenerate cells, around the body as well as provide a proactive illness fighting system. Imagine getting a large cut, and there in front of your eyes, the body will just go ahead and heal itself.

Nano-technology

'The meek will inherit the Earth' - well I don't know about meek, but definately the minute... Nano-tech will enable very many things like the ability to draw water from moisture in the air, since millions of tiny machines embedded in our every day furniture and maybe even our walls will act as distilling units that will absorp and collect water. Or how about unloading a bunch of bluetooth self replicating nano machines, who's only concern is to behave like a hive, make more nano machines from basic raw materials onsite, like dust and grit, and moul themselves into a livable structure. there's a lot of possibilities here.

All these things will get the shock effect that one notch higher on the scale. When my dad was a little kid, they'd never dremt of TV's, never imagined that pictures in motion would be telecast across the planet. Tomorrow, we may grow old and wonder about what happened to the lazy old days when we could make only a hundred and fifty phone calls, go to 6 meetings in a day and drive 2 hours to and from work. What with all the excitement that fuure technology holds, we may just be doing all the communicating, by directly connecting to someone else's mind.

A great topic to do more research on.

I can see Windows releasing a new one soon. With all these new computers, it's right that there is a suitable operating system for these years. I just hope they don't add too much new things because it tends to be too high ended for others. Just one stronger than the latest and that's good enough.

Probably the next windows would be the windows on cellphones....PDA's are going to be the biggest thing once cell phone companies convert all the cellphones to companies like blackberry...Everybody will not have to use a desktop or a laptop anymore... Everything will come straight out from a PDA.. That just a thought though..Chin chin...

seems to me like new technology revolves around computers for everyone. but i think that soon we are going to acquire the ability to fuse hydrogen in a controlled environment which will open up all the worlds ocean's with their deutirium as an abundant source of energy