xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
runefantasy

New Windows Xp (european Version) Windows XP Home Edition N/Professional N

REDMOND, Wash. â June 8, 2005 â Microsoft Corp. today announced the timetable for availability of Windows® XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N, the two versions of the Windows operating system created as part of the companyâs compliance with the European Commissionâs decision of March 2004.

Quote from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Due to the European Commission's decision that Microsoft was 'forcing' their users to use Windows Media Player by bundling it with their Windows XP, Microsoft had to remove it from their newest operating system. Because of the European Commission's judgement, Microsoft had to make a new system for users in Europe so that they can use Windows XP. Microsoft came up with Windows XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N. They both don't have Windows Media Player on them. Windows Media Player could be downloaded at http://www.windowsupdate.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx. I read somewhere that Windows XP N isn't popular as it doesn't include any new features, just a removed feature so that Microsoft's trading partners aren't stocking that version.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yep Donno why europeans are that way..! I like Media player,Its not that bad either.! On seeing the new version xp european i thought to get it thinking something might be added ..! When came n saw here ...Its like mine is better than european.! LOLanywayz Thanks for the info.!regards Casanova!

I support the EC in their decision to do that. Is it fair that people pay for something they maybe don't want at all? It's a good that they did it because other companies that make similar products are getting in troubles due to that, what do you want if you own a company that sells programs but you don't sell anything because some stupid looking man who claims to be biljonair just sell people something what they don't want but that they do buy just because they don't have any choice? I don't thing you would be very happy. regards,-=jeroen=-

I support the EC in their decision to do that. Is it fair that people pay for something they maybe don't want at all? It's a good that they did it because other companies that make similar products are getting in troubles due to that, what do you want if you own a company that sells programs but you don't sell anything because some stupid looking man who claims to be biljonair just sell people something what they don't want but that they do buy just because they don't have any choice? I don't thing you would be very happy.

regards,

-=jeroen=-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no no, Windows Media Player is free. You don't have to pay for it. It's just that they bundled it with Windows XP for more performance without more downloading :lol:

I too am european (dutch) like ^ this dude above me^ and personaly I realy don`t see the purpose of it.The only thing it may be good for(which I DOUBT) isthe fact that it would cost less other than that it`s justmierenneukerij(bullsh*t basically)as the dutch would say because it`s simple if you don`t like WMP or don`t wan`t to use it simply by other software or download freemedia players and we all KNOW there`s plenty of that around.

I too am european (dutch) like ^ this dude above me^

and personaly I realy don`t see the purpose of it.

The only thing it may be good for(which I DOUBT) is

the fact that it would cost less other than that it`s just

mierenneukerij(bullsh*t basically)as the dutch would

say because it`s simple if you don`t like WMP or don`t

wan`t to use it simply by other software or download free

media players and we all KNOW there`s plenty of that around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, what I'm saying is just that if you don't like WMP you can remove it, dunno what the EC is doing all this for