xisto Community
SunBlind

Making A Simple Webpage Generator: Part 2 The Form

This tutorial is based on a webpage generator I made (for my users with little or no HTML knowledge) after spending about 3 months collecting javascripts, code snippets, layouts, and all that other good stuff. Since this takes quite a few steps, and I'm dead tired, I'll be posting this tutorial in 3 parts:

Part 1- Create The Template

Part 2- Make The Form

Part 3- Fill The Template

The form is what collects all the data from the user to be passed into the template. Hopefully, you have some basic knowledge on html forms, so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail on how to make one. Try checking out htmlgoodies.com if you are inexperienced with the latter.

1. Create a new html page named form.html. It's not really vital, but I like to divide my forms into a table to keep it a little neater and easier to read. Like this.

2. The page we will be posting the data to be processed to will be called generate.php... Therefore, your form tag should read like so:

<form action="generate.php" method="post">

3. For each webpage attribute you would like to generate, create an input with a corresponding variable name. Example:

Background Color: <input type="text" name="bgcolor">Text Color: <input type="text" name="textcolor">

4. After all of your attributes and their inputs have been accounted for, insert your submit button, close the form tag, and proceed to the next step because you're finished your form! :lol:
Edited by SunBlind (see edit history)