xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Turiddu

Hosting Questions: (garbesi)

hey I just realized that I have a little over 10 credits, so would it be possible for me to get the first package? Also I own garbesi.com, can i just point the ip of garbesi.com to you guys or do i have to do the name servers? Let me know, and thanks for taking your time to read this.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Yup - if you have over 10 hosting credits that you can surely apply for hosting in the New Account Request forum. BUt make sure you use the Request Form to fill out the details. Or else hosting will be rejected. We only review applications that have been filed using that form, coz the official format of application counts a lot. For the link to that form, check the pinned topics in the forum and you'll surely find it.

Also, as for your own domain - yes, you can link it with Xisto - and you can do it by two methods.

1. You update your nameservers and make them point to the nameservers of Xisto: ns1.astahost.com and ns2.astahost.com

2. You create a subdomain at Xisto and use URL forwarding from your domain to you subdomain at Xisto. In such a case you'll have to use URL cloaking also, or else, your Xisto subdomain will be visible once your domain forwards your request to Xisto.

Out of these two - the first method is more preferable, as the operation is seamless.

Regards,

m^e

so i have to change my nameservers, i couldn't just point garbesi.com to 69.50.168.69 which is the Xisto ip addr?another thing to, "Group Account w FREE Domain name 1GB space & 15 GB BW" what is that all about? I tried clicking the link on the webhosting page to view that but it seems there is an sql error of some sort.. my brother plans on signing up here also, but we live in the same house and share the same connection/ip, will that interfere with him registering, or him having his own account?

so i have to change my nameservers, i couldn't just point garbesi.com to 69.50.168.69 which is the Xisto ip addr?

Nope. If you do that, it's only bring you up to the main Xisto page, and not to your subdomain. That ip leads directly to http://forums.xisto.com/

another thing to,  "Group Account w FREE Domain name 1GB space & 15 GB BW" what is that all about? I tried clicking the link on the webhosting page to view that but it seems there is an sql error of some sort.. my brother plans on signing up here also, but we live in the same house and share the same connection/ip, will that interfere with him registering, or him having his own account?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Group account takes a whole lot of work - and a dedicated team of 15 people. At the moment the group account plan is almost lying in an inactive stage, as the plan hasn't been utilized at all. If your brother signs up from same IP - no problem. But he'll have to proceed in the same manner, i.e. make proper posts and earn enough credits to get his hosting account. Also both of you have to have different email addresses.