xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rkage

phpMyAdmin: Cannot Load MySQL Extension Error Need help

I have had Apache and PHP installed on my computer for a while now, but recently, to aid my learning of MySQL, I have installed MySQL and phpmyadmin.

I followed all the instructions and I went to the phpmyadmin directory and got this error message:

cannot load mysql extension;please check PHP configuration
Documentation

I have checked the php.ini and the extensions are loaded correctly. I checked the folder and they were there. I rechecked the phpmyadmin config file and it was all correct. I don't see where the problem lies? Any help?

This error arises out of the following reason:

"To connect to a MYSQL server PHP needs a set of Mysql fucntions called the "Mysql extension".This extension may be a part of the PHP distribution otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically .Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll - depending on the OS. PhpMyadmin tries to load the extension but fails.

I found a solution for you: Check out this thread: https://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/61393-help-in-dom-colapse/

And if you succeed fixing it following the steps in that thread - please let us know here..

Regards,
m^e

Although that link wasn't exactly the problem, I read through it all and it had an extra line that didn't appear in the other instructions I followed. Thanks alot M^E.I'll do a how-to on all this sometime.