xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darren0330

Ps3 early news

Last week the word on the street was that the price of the PS3 would come in at something akin to $465USD. Apparently, the latest iteration of price rumours have Sony telling its business partners that the console would come in at “under 40,000 yen,” which is more like $370. Because both the Playstation and Playstation 2 were launched at 39,800 yen/$368 when first introed, the latest speculation is that the PS3 will come in at the same price in a cosmic console hat-trick. All of which is still just speculation, of course, but at least the rumours are heading in the right direction: cheaper! :lol: How powerful will the PS3 be? :lol: On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is. :lol: Is it really gonna be worth$$$ it???? :D

I don't believe it's that powerfull but I maybe gonna buy one, when it's some less exspensive, maybe in a year or so. That would be my first real console :lol: I have a Game Boy Advance SP, but I never use it. I don't care, I got it for 20 euro, so that's not the problem-=Jeroen=-

I heard that the price of the PS3 was going to be more than $456 USD but it depends on the person that says it. People hear different things and then just say what they hear. I heard it was going to be something like $650 USD, because of all the things it can do. That is something I haven't heard though. What can it do? Of course, it can probably play PS2 games as well as PS3 games if they ever come out and can probably play DVD's. More than likely network play as well. Anything that the current PS2 can do and more.

It is said that Metal Gear Solid 4 (MGS4) will be coming out on PS3 as a PS3 exclusive and will not be coming out onto PS2 or any other gaming console such as the XBOX 360 or Nintendo Revolution.

Has anyone heard when its coming out? I heard that its not coming out until around Sprng 2006 in maybe Japan. Then it will come out in North America months later. It's said that the power of this console will be x35 more than the PS2. That is huge. Some more features that can't be done on PS2 is it can use up to 7 WIRELESS!!! contols and it's going to have two ports for High Definition TV. (HDTV).

And for all you PSP owners, its said that you will be able to use your PSP device to do things like use it as another control or as an additional screen. That's something really good.

It will come with a 2.5 inch hard drive and may have various slots for SD memory cards.

Aside playing games on the PS3, it's said that you will be able to access digital music and audio files, view your digital photos. offer video chat and even maybe be able to access the internet.

It will have an inbuilt gigabit Ethernet port and will be able to access both types of wireless internet access, 802.11b and 802.11g.

From what I can see, the PS3 won't just be a game console, but a home entertainment suite as well. I really can't wait until it comes out.

Yes Mitch, the PS3 is capable of 7 Wireless controllers at one time, the thing with the psp is that the PS3 has a game sharing feature that will allow the PSP to play the PS3 games with the PSP and the output will be on the TV that the PS3 is connected to. The PS3 will allow up to 4 PSP's to connect to it as well as the 7 PS3 wireless controllers.

The PS3 will be capable of playing thee disc types:

CD

PlayStation CD-ROM

PlayStation2 CD-ROM

CD-DA

CD-DA (ROM),

CD-R,

CD-RW

SACD Hybrid (CD layer),

SACD HD

DualDisc (audio side)

DualDisc (DVD side)

PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM

PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM

DVD-ROM

DVD-R

DVD-RW

DVD+R,

DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc

PlayStation 3 BD-ROM

BD-ROM

BD

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2GHz, giving the whole system 2 teraflops of overall performance. It will sport 256MB XDR main RAM at 3.2GHz, and it will have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700MHz.

Sony also confirmed that the machine will be backward compatible all the way to the original PlayStation. It will also have slots for Memory Stick Duo, an SD slot, and a compact flash memory slot. It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard.

Here are some pictures of the new PS3:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't believe it's gonna be so powerfull, of course it will be more powerfull then XboX 360, because it comes out later, but 2 times as powerfull as 360 is a little to much i think...for the price, i don't know if i gonna buy one (think not), but i think it will be expensive, especially in the beginning.

Of course it's gonna be expensive in the beginning. That was the case with PS2 and Xbox when they came out... and of course, that's just how market's demand works. About how powerful it's gonna be... from what I've read it's not gonna 2x as powerful as XBOX but more powerful, which is already good news for me. So everything is going as I think people should have expected it... it's 2005... and a lot of technology is being held back tremendously in order to generate as much profit out of everybit of it currently... and it's all understandable. As far PS3's design concerned... Nice... nothing special really... no reason to go crazy about it... I will probably buy one somewhere down the line, when the price goes down, because then I won't need a DVD player or anything like that, since it plays all those different types of discs... I think it can be easily used instead of a DVD player since the remote controls are all BlueTooth now... and there're like what? 7 of them? COol stuff. GO SONY!

Wow, thats some amazing stuff. But I doubt it can't be that powerful. After reading so many articles. I've heard the PS3 will have more speed, but the X360 will have more computing POWER.

Personally I love PS so im sure I will like PS3. The price seems resonable. But I dont know as much about it. I will look into it more. I love the way it looks and to me its worth it.

Cool I get to do on this thread what M3ch4 did on another:

Click here for the full artical and technical breakdown.

Here is a quick over view:

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

* The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

* Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

* The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

* Memory System Bandwidth

* The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

After the total breakdown, that can be found in the artical linked above, there can be no doubt that Sony has once again over stated the performace of yet another member of the playstation family.