xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bob3695

Mambo Image Problem The Themes images

I am using Mambo 2.5.2...or what ever the newest version is. I installed a theme but none of the images show up. The CSS file works but none of the images work. I checked the format of them and they are gif. Is this the problem or is it something else?

Before installing the template, was the images directory set to "writable"? Sometimes you have to chmod files or directories before everything works. If the directory was not writable, the images are actually not there. GreetingZ

The pictures are in the templates image directory. I also checked the path and it seems to be fine. It works for me in offline testing with EasyPHP but as soon as I upload it it doesn't work. When I type the link directly to the image in the address bar all it does is bring up my home page. Xisto does support gifs right?

I got the theme to work but now I am trying to change permissions for a compontant. When I try and change it says "550 Could not change your parms on com_puarcade: Bad File Descripter"What does this mean and how do I fix it?Mods please merge my 2 posts

Ah, "bad file descriptor", I've had the same problem with a php-file before, I wasn't able to change permissions. I deleted the file and uploaded it again, then it worked. Concerning the picture problem, I could only imagine that there is some kind of path problem OR the sql-database name is not correct. No other idea :lol:GreetingZ

When Mambo and many other php based applications auto instll a package (template, component, module, or bot) the server is the user that actually ftp's the data to the server and extracts the information for the installation. Because the server is the user that uploaded the file(s), the file(s) are owned by the server and only the server can change the permissions for the file(s).To fix these kinds of isues in Mambo, you'll need to use cleanup.php. It isn't specifically for Mambo but works just the same. You'll need to do a search at MamboForge.net.This will make the server change the permissions of whatever folder or file you choss to 777. Once it is CHMOD to 777, you can then change the permissions to whatever you like. You still won't own the file as far as the server is concrened but you'll be able to manipulate it just the same.Be careful, if you CHMOD to ower write only, you'll need to run the cleanup program again.hope this will be helpful. :lol:vujsa