xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djwacko

Dsl - I Know It Isn't Too Slow.. ...

I've been trying to play Guild Wars on my DSL connection, and when i do play, you can't even tell whats going on.. My brother suggested it could be our graphics card (and it does suck), but i would think that it wouldn't slow down the game at all.\Somebody help me, please.

Well it depends if the slowness is lag or low fps (frames per second). If your connectiong is slow or bad, then you might be laggin (check your ping in game, the higher the number the worse it is. I usually pull 80-120 ping on my dsl connection and its fine in pretty much every game). If your video card is the problem it would be low FPS, this means everything is happening as it should you just see it jittery and you don't actually see every frame of animation. Frankly if you have DSL and a *BLEEP* video crad, I'd guess it was the video card. A poor graphics card WILL make your game slow down, even if you have graphics all set to low eventually and old GPU will make games run poorly and slowly.

Hi, i am a DSL subscriber. Well, DSL wireless and we have a few computers connected. But, I have played many games on my DSL connection, I have no trouble playing them.It might just be alot of people are on at the time and that's why it's slow.

You might want to try a few DSL speed sites to see if you're actually connecting at the speeds you're paying for.

See if the DSL company you're using has a speed test on their website. If not, here are a few sites to check out.

DSL Reports

CNET Bandwidth Meter Speed Test

Bandwidth Place

If you find you're not connecting at the speed you're paying for, then call your DSL people and try to figure it out.

Meanwhile, upgrading the graphics card wouldn't hurt.