xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Ie7 Screenshots

Bink.nu has just posted some screenshots of what appears to be Internet Explorer 7

running on a version of Longhorn at Gnomedex.

From those screenshots, RSS has been supported by Internet Explorer 7 clearly.

The user interface also has been changed quite alots.

For example, a thing looks like a search bar is added on the top right corner.

The forward and backward button is placed in front of address bar.

Yea, and tab browsing as well..

source:

http://bink.nu/Article4349.bink

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://bink.nu/

Posted Image

Lol.. oh dear.The next Version of Longhorn and IE7 looks just like GNU GNOME for *nix.I forsee flames whhen longhorn is finally released.Get your asbestos pants ready !I love that guys t-shirt.... well, no i dont.but its funny... what a nerd :lol:when people walk around with the foot print logo, thats cool, cos most people have no idea what that is... but longhorn loves RSS... what a nerd :lol:I was wondering, who is going to buy longohorn when it is rleased ?

Omg, it's just a complete rip of Firefox! Tabbed browsing, search box, back and forward in front of address bar!Come on Microsoft, surely you can do better than that!And Firefox has been RSS subscribable for ages. Microsoft seems to be simply catching up with Firefox and giving itself a new look (in Firefox there are selectable themes made by contributors, but this can't happen in the current version of IE (6)).This seems to be a shockingly poor effort on the part of Microsoft.

Hehe it seems as though we are not the only ones noticing Firefox is better than Internet explorer =PStill, it won't stop me from using Firefox, naturally. It's far purer than IE. But we have seen Microsoft rip-off stuff before haven't we?Still, I think windows XP was a great improvement above ME/98. Better faster etc. So I'm curious to what Longhorn will be...

To me the most interesting thing about this photograph is the screen resolution of the four IE windows. Its not 1024x768 or similar, it's 768x768, I mean both sides are of equal length. So it looks like the Longhorn side bar really will change the look and feel of the desktop. This might have consequences for future web design: websites like cubes.

To me the most interesting thing about this photograph is the screen resolution of the four IE windows. Its not 1024x768 or similar, it's 768x768, I mean both sides are of equal length. So it looks like the Longhorn side bar really will change the look and feel of the desktop. This might have consequences for future web design: websites like cubes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haze, I'm pretty sure that's just actual screen grabs of what the explorer may look like and then edited to fit on a powerpoint slide. Something to that effect, I don't think that's an actual os running with 4 different browsers open on it 0.o

Unless ei7 comes out with some crazy security upgrades to make hacks of old ie browsers obsolute and completely ineffective there is no real need to upgrade or even switch from firefox.

For now anyways :lol: maybe MS has caught on to this.

maybe it's not important, but i think that isn't longhorn, i think it's xp, you see it uses the royale skin. and its easy to edit the size of your ie. just minimize and grab it in the right-down corner

The main thing is not that IE7 will be better than any other browser like Firefox or not. People will migrate from Firefox to IE7 this is also not an issue. The important thing for me that Microsoft has upgrading its browser after a long time and it is a good sign.I hope they will come with a great product.

I personally still use Internet Explorer just because it's more simple and the default 'theme'(not like you can change it anyway) suits Windows XP... Nothing else... I don't use Firefox or anything else because they need the Sun Java SDK for Java while IE uses Microsoft JVM. Those are the only reasons I still stick with Internet Explorer

I don't think it will be much more then IE 6, just some changes in the skin and maybe it supports some more things. I'm not gonna buy it anyway, I just downloaded Firefox a few days ago and I got addicted to it. It's just so much better then IE.-=Jeroen=-

i want to quote what Paul Thurrott, a Windows Fan that has a site for windows (winsupersite.com) :

"

My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators. Because of their user bases, however, Web developers are hamstrung into developing for IE at the expense of established standards that work well in all other browsers. You can turn the tide by demanding more from Microsoft and by using a better alternative Web browser. I recommend and use Mozilla Firefox, but Apple Safari (Macintosh only) and Opera 8 are both worth considering as well.

"

Well, i think ie7 wont be any diferent from ie6

:P:D:P

I really don't get what the big deal is with RSS and Microsoft's complete effort in pushing it as a major feature in Internet Explorer 7. I really highly doubt many people will be interesed in it, and even those that are will already have their own way of accessing it without using bloody IE7