xisto Community
infamousflame

Hosting Packages Suggesting more hosting packages.

I believe having more Hosting Packages would enchance the members experience on the forum. Besides, it would bring new members. Not to mention that the new hosting packages could support the members needs.

I know I still have alot more to learn and I will be sticking around for a long time to come. I doubt I'll be using up the BW I'm aloted any time soon but I wish I had a bit more space but please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.When I truely outgrow the free hosting here I'll definetly be sticking with this community as I branch out to comercial hosting, at which point I'll be going to Xisto - Web Hosting, since its "in the family" so to speak.I'm proud to say, I'm gonna be loyal. I'm learning alot here, the community is great, and I'm gonna stay where I feel at home.Xisto has my loyalty.

I'd say that instead of bringing out a Package No 3, where everything is upgraded, you could bring out special packages. like for example, ceratin people don't need fantastico, or some thing like that, so you could just remove those features and increase the others, so that the overall balance is maintained. also, for upgrading again, one must have a real reason, and not just because "you can". this would reduce the number of upgraders, cause it's in human nature to take some thing which is being offered free, whether one requires it or not.

Hold on a second, I have come to find a question within me now...If we don't post one day in the forum, do we get penalized??? and how often, do we have to pay the 10 (or 30) credits? is this a monthly 'payment'??? Now I have to admit that Xisto has a great concept, and I think it's a great iniciative... although sometimes I get disconnected from the server (my browser says that it can't find the Xisto.com) but I'm not sure if it's an issue with my ISP (wouldn't surprise since I live in the caribbean) or if the server is overloaded.But please let me know about the 'payments' and penalties.Now if I'm not mistaken, we can have mysql databases in our sites, right? please let me know since I'm saving to 'buy' the big package (hopefully very soon).BTW, does anybody know which topics don't give any credits?????? and can my points on Xisto be combined with the ones I have here? (I'm pretty sure you're affiliates).Well, Thanks for your time

No, you won't get penalized for not posting one day or any other amount of days. But you will get one credit deducted from your account no matter what you do (post or not). That applies to everyone. Once you reach a negative credit amount, your account/website will be suspended. You will still be able to login here to post. After reaching like 4 or 5 credits, your account should be back to normal in about an hour or so. Just make sure you never hit negative 30 because once your credit goes that log, your account will be terminated and all your files will be deleted (not recoverable).You only "pay" the one time credit (unless you chose the lower end package and decide to upgrade later, then you're paying 10 credits and 30 more credits when you do the upgrade). But if you gather 30 credits at once and apply for the webhost account, you should be set after that. Just keep active in the forums and you'll be ok.I hope that clear things up with the credit system.Yes, I think all users have unlimited SQL databases. Great to hear that you're getting the higher end package. Just a piece of advice. Don't go too much over 30 credits for this package. I suggest applying for the hosting package once you hit like 35 or something because once you're approved, ALL your credits will be brought down to like 2 or 3. It doesn't matter if you have 100 credits even...The topics that don't give credits will usually be mentioned in the main topic descriptions. No, I don't think combining the credits between the sister site (Xisto) is allowed. I say this because Xisto works a little differently than Xisto in terms of posting (they are less technical and less strict).