xisto Community
halo2krew

How To Make A Simple Webpage From Straight Out Htm

This tutorial will show you how to make a webpage using html. It will be a very simple webpage but good for practice. Get free hosting somewhere( anglefire, geocities) and go edit index.html. Delete everything that is already there. You will start of by doing this

<html><title>What you want to apper at the top of the browser GOES HERE</title><body><h2> YOUR HEADER GOES HERE </h2><p>Info about your site can go right here. Mabye start a welcome thing telling about your site and other stuff. 

A preview of this can be found here- https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ Just change the text to what you want it to be and you can also change the color 

<font color="red">Links</font>

to what ever you want(instead of red make it say blue)

Thats good, just you have the <font> tag in there, and I try to aviod that as much as possible. I know it sound more difficult, but using cascading stylesheets are much easier. And you forgot to mention that you must save the document as an HTML file: "default.html". but, it's a very good start if somone who didn't know much. <style>.p { color: red;}</style><body><p class="p">links</p></body>

Its cool, I've been trying to create a website on how to create a website. And you just gave me an idea, i should just make templates and give it to the people who dosent know HTML. :angry::blink:

Nice tutorial but you should explain like the different parts. I know html but like newbies that just started to mess around with html they would need an explanation why this part is there and not here and why is it this way and not that way.

I would say that 90% of the time when you open something you would have to close ( / )it like

<font color="red">Text Here</font>

<font color="red" size="5"> you can change the color the size and what kind of font : ex Arial, New Times Roman.

<p> begins a new paragraph

<a href="https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7AkjVIatDsKH8QfNkoC4DQ&gws_rd=ssl;insert a link

all the above have to be closed Ex <font color="red" size="5"> </font><p> </p> <a href="https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7AkjVIatDsKH8QfNkoC4DQ&gws_rd=ssl;</a>

<html> it starts everything

<head><title></title></head> here goes the title and the meta tags

<body></body> content, links, pictures.. Everything goes in here

</html>

I don't know if that helped any

all the above have to be closed Ex <font color="red" size="5"> </font><p>  </p>  <a href="https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7AkjVIatDsKH8QfNkoC4DQ&gws_rd=ssl; </a>

Actually, since the tutorial was about the very old HTML 3.2, you don't have to close the <p> tag.

In fact, in HTML 3.2 you can get away with almost anything, for example, this is a valid HTML 3.2 document

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"><TITLE>valid html</TITLE><body><p>wow, a valid HTML document!I don't even need the html, head and body tags! So I'm just using the opening body tag, but not closing it. It doesn't matter, this validates anyway.<ul><li>testing<li>testing some more</ul>

You might wanna add the following to make it a little bit more decorative

<body bgcolor="BLUE">

Notice that i put BLUE in bold....put whatever color u want there and you should have a nice background :angry:

You might wanna add the following to make it a little bit more decorative

<body bgcolor="BLUE">

Notice that i put BLUE in bold....put whatever color u want there and you should have a nice background :angry:

LOL i got it wrong sorry

Very good tutorial for anyone who is learning HTML. I use dreamweaver since I can't remember very good. I give props to anyone who can make sites without using anything except their brain.

As much as possible, use CSS. To fix the CSS errors in Internet Exploer, go to http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

Do not use the <font></font> tags! use <span></span> instead! How to use span? example you need to make the text color red:

<span style="color: red;">Hello, this is a red text</span>

Do not use the <font></font> tags! use <span></span> instead! How to use span? example you need to make the text color red:

<span style="color: red;">Hello, this is a red text</span>
The tutorial was obviously about HTML 3.2, and in HTML 3.2 there is no span element, and so usage of the font tag wouldn't be bad at all. But let's just for a minute pretend the span tag existed in HTML 3.2, why would using the piece of code you posted be any better than this?

<font color="red">Hello, this is a red text</font>