xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Artluo100

Trouble With Vbulletin Question about VBulletin

I just uploaded vBulletin to my server and I've launched the install script. On Step 2 I receive this error:Attempting to attach to databaseConnect failed: unexpected error from the database.Error number: 1044Error description: Access denied for user: 'artluo10@localhost' to database 'mamb1'Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.What is wrong here?

Did you create the database for vBulletin properly?

Keep one thing in mind: when you create a database here on Xisto, all dbs and usernames are prefixed with your cpanel username.

Say your cpanel login is artluo and you want to create a db called "vbdb" with a user named "vbuser" .. in effect,

Your db name will be: artluo_vbdb

Your username will be: artluo_vbuser

You have to reflect these in the config.php (or some similar file_ - that accompanies most forum softwares - it is this file that contains the database name+username+password to enable the forum sw to connect to the database properly.

Just cross check on this and let me know by return post.

Regards,

m^e

Hey,microscopic^earthling, your an admin here, but he isn't hosted with you guys, atleast, his avatar does not say hosted, so that may not be his problem.Artluo100, I have succesfully installed vbulletin many times, it always works fine for me. What is your host and does your host provide your databases or not? If your not using MySql databases that your host provides, then you cannot use "localhost" as the database host. If you can't get it working, email me and I may be able to help! Thanks!

Artluo100, ive installed vBB many times over, and ive had many people ask me about the same error your getting, i check over what they have done and 90% of the time it is the config.php file, they usually dont have the right information, if its not that then microscopic^earthling has a really good explanation on setting up a database for your forum...these are the most known causesAlso feel free to email me at amd167@gmail.com and i can install the board for you or walk you through the steps to get your board up and running if you have any further trouble