xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
silentkarma1405241502

Backing Up My Whole Site For Transfering ?

I am currently using a MySQL/PHP site. How would I go about transfering my whole site without losing any information or files? Do I just make a backup and upload it to the new server? I also need to transfer the php files, so would I just download them and upload them again? Would I have to install my portal again [e107]? Need help! :lol::lol:

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

If the site uses cPanel, I think you should be able to do this very easily. Just go into cPanel and make a backup of the whole site so that everything is included. The PHP files should also be backed up with it since they are files.I'm actually not 100% sure if the databases are saved with it. So if you want to play it safe, save the database backup from cPanel also.Then just go back to backup section in your other web server and choose to restore the backup file you saved earlier. See if everything works now. If there are nothing wrong, in relation to the database (no errors on site), then you should be ok. If you do get errors, also choose to restore the database.So no need to upload if all the above works out.