xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SpartacusUSTASA

Movies Made Out Of Video Games

I think those making video game movies need to take some ips from those behind some of the popular comic book movies (Batman, X-Men, Spiderman ect). Now although not all Comic book movie franchises do well, or get great reviews, there are some outstanding films amongst them. I just think Video Game movies are still waiting for that to happen... I also believe as video games leak their way into popular culture more they'll be more widely accepted. Comic books have a long history for the most part, with deep character history, ect. Video games are relativley new to the scene and don't have the same mass appeal as of yet.Now some video game movies that I have enjoyed:Resident Evil - Besides some poor dialog, the movie was pretty decent, excellent eye candy, some intense scenes and well Milla Jovovich *drool*Mortal Kombat - Entertaining, and not overly foolish (unlike the sequal) and Raiden... ha ha.

I think that a movie about half-life would be awesome. It could be like a prequel to HL2, about the time in between the games. Or it could be a prequel to the whole game series, giving more background on the black mesa research, gordon freeman, and even the g-man.

I think that making movies outta video games and comics is cool. The only real problem with this is that when they do make a movie outta them they don't bring across the writers that make the video games and comics a big hit.When the games a hit with a awsome story line, the people that made it should be able to go and have final say on the movie script. IMO the main reason that these cross overs don't work due to the weak storylines. Also they try to change to much of the "story world" as an example the batman series, they can't seem to keep the same actor and they keep changing the "vehicles" used by the main character and they don't keep the sidekicks around and keep killing off the "arch villan" at the end.A good example of a comic cross over recently is the Spiderman movie series. They kept the same actors for the second movie and kept with the main story line. Also they made the special effects seamless for the most part. Also the second movie didn't fizzle it rocked just like the first. Hopefully Hollywood will take a lesson from this and make any future cross overs true to the origianal source and we will have some awsome movies in the future. If they do and they work closely with the story originators maybe the movie will be a good pull into the comic or the video games so that it will be a sort of continuing storyline so that the comics, video games, and movies all fit together and be an even more profitable for all concerned and more enjoyable for us that play, read, and see the movies.

they have also made movies for starcraft..they are exclusive videos i think and you wont see it advertised anywhere except for on battle.net. I personally havent seen one but if they can make a movie as good as they are able to make games..It should be good. But when you think about it..they have been trying to make to many things at once...for instance they came out with the books for starcraft diablo. movies for starcraft, in the middle of production of WoW and Starcraft 2 which was scraped for now and then began planning Starcraft Ghost...these guyz are pumpin out more than they can handle if you ask me.

That is possibly the longest post I have ever seen.  :D  :D I don't think I would have time to even read it all. It's like a freakin novel. lol. Anyways I just wanted to say that a Splinter Cell movie is coming out! I haven't heard any release date information, but it will be awesome! I remember mario bros. and mortal combat! I loved those movies! I watched them like all the time!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooo, a Splinter Cell movie! Okay, so I don't play the game (I really stink at that type of game - give me GTA or Mario Bros. hehe) ... but I watch my brother play it all the time. I think I would actually sit down and watch the movie version :D

The only Game movies that I ever really liked were 1. Mario brothers (Old 70's movie that was suprizingly good) 2. Street fighter (Bad story good movie) 3. Double dragon 1-2 (bouth good) 3. The first Mortal Kombat. and 4. Bouth the Resident Evils. I thought that the Resident evils were bouth good, they bouth went along with the games as the immersive story in them were told. I hope they make movies to all of the games in the Resident Evil series, except for Zero. And I deffinantly want to see a Resident Evil 4

I think they should make 6 movies based on the games that may not be well known called Star Wars. I mean it's such a great storyline. Good Vs. Evil. A group of warriors called the Jedi vs. a group of evil warriors known as the Sith. It would be to big of a movie to make into 1 so it would need at the least 6 and how about we do the last 3 first so that we can have the end of the storyline all ready and then we can do the first 3 last and tell the very beginning. I think I'm going to direct these movies based on this game 'Star Wars.'

1064315004[/snapback]

Umm sorry for my language, But are you an idiot? Starwars started out as a movie, not as a game. You would have to be stupid to think that it started from lucas wanting to make a game.

I don't know if making movies after video games is a great idea or a really dumb one. I mean video game fans who have been loyal to a game or game genre for years have a set way of how the game should be. If the director just gets a set and actors and throws some lines together without thinking of the expectations of the gamers then the movies are going to turn out horrible. Its hard to change how a "script" should be changed from the video game to the big screen. I mean look at DOOM, I've played the games since they first came out....I mean the creator is a relative of my best friend, and the movie sucked....I don't know if it was the Rock's bad acting or just how the whole plot was set. I wanted a refund and that hour and half or so of my life back. Halo is going to be really interesting thought....i can't wait to see if its a dud or not

The Rock Wasn't actually bad for the role he played. People critisize him because all he can do while acting is the small lined-lead antaginost which yells and that is pretty much it. Yeah it is true he can't act, but who cares, It's a intresting concept for a movie, and even though the fps style is annoying, It proves to have good graphics. I wish HL1-2 were turned into movies.