xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

SMF Version 1.0.5 Released! ALL USERS MUST UPGRADE

SMF has released a critical fix for SMF, the secuirty bug isnt disclosed by the development team, so although your safe, you really should upgrade now.

Just go into your admin panel, and on the front screen it has a link, clicking the link, will upgrade your board, without affecting any mods.

It will only take 10 seconds.

Quote from SimpleMachines.

Simple Machines is happy to release a new update to Simple Machines Forum 1.0. This release addresses a security issue in the most recent version of SMF.
As this is a critical release, you can easily upgrade by one of the following ways:

* Use the package manager in your administration center - one click, and you're done.
    * Download the update archive file, and upload all of the files from it.
    * Download the modification file, attached to this message, and modify the files manually according to it.

This will most likely be the last release of the 1.0 line before we release SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public. We do nevertheless encourage you to upgrade to 1.0.5 immediately, even if you mean to update to 1.1 Beta 3 Public when it is available.

Please upgrade now, if you cannot, post here, ill be happy tohelp you.

Trekkie, call my risky (or dumb LOL), but I still have Version 1.0.2 now. I want to do the update, do I have to update it to 1.03 and 1.0.4 first (like phpBB) or can I jump straight to the 1.0.5 update?Thanks.

WeaponX, go to Simplemachines.org and download the latest version, then upload that, and also you will be able to check if you can go straight to 1.0.5 if you don't want to reinstall. By the way, if you reinstall, just give the installer your old database details and it should work without any loss of data. If you don't want to do this, search the site for information about your question. :lol:

Wish I could do the upgrade, but I have a few mods installed and don't want to reinstall them again. Will the update for for v1.0.2? Actually, I remember having the 1.0.3 update in the Package Manager. I will update it to that version first and see if I can get v1.0.4, then maybe go to v1.0.5.

Yeah you could do it that way, im not sure if it will still list them though, although im pretty sure their lying around the Simple Machines site.Ill try and find them, also mod reinstall should only take a few seconds. Tell me if the package manager lists 1.0.3 and if you can upgrade that way, if not, post here and tell me, ill try and get the older packages.

Found it! :lol:

This is the 1.0.3 package for the package manager!

http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/s_package.tar.gz

This is the 1.0.4 Package for the package manager!

http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/s_package.tar.gz

But if you have the faster parse code mod installed at the 1.0.4 upgrade use this packge instead.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Have fun, and the 1.0.5 after all that will be listed!

If you have any issues, post them!

I think I still have the 1.0.3 saved in Package Manger from last time, just didn't install it yet. Definitely will do so sometime today or tomorrow.Thanks Trekkie.

All done with no problems.Just want to mention this for others who might be in this situation also. I did the 1.0.3 update and then the Package Manager told me I had to install another update. It was for the 1.0.4 update. So that was great. I just did the update one by one till I got to 1.0.5What is fix_ownership.php for? Do I need to use it? No problems here at all now. :lol:

Just did my upgrade. Apart from few chmoddings everything went as smoothly as possible. Quita a big difference from what it was with phpBB. With my heavily modded phpBB it took at least a day to get new version up and running. :lol:I love SMF. :lol:

A bunch of my moderations are failing now because they are not compatibile with the new SMF but I guess it's no real loss since SMF 1.0.5 adds lots of improvements.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've decided not to install any mods to my SMF. If I'll need any features I'll just wait for the to come to the official release.