xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LikMeBalleFM

Commission,....an Idea?

As you may know I`m active on several forums. Yesterday while browsing one of them I came across a topic that read "WEBSITES??" I entered the topic and at that point they were discussing about where everyones sites where hosted and what the service, uptime,reliability of their hosts was and most poeple had a lot to complain about their hosts (costs vs uptime and service etc).

Now me being totaly happy with my account, uptime ,the package, service, overall community vibe here @ Xisto I shared that with them and told them that it was free of charge but is granted credits by posting QUALITY posts and also warned them about spamming and such and at the end also told the about Xisto for the less quality posters.

After I submited my post something hit me. I thought by myself "hey what if we @ Xisto could actualy get some commission hosting credits in exchange for recruting QUALITY posters on top of the usual hosting credits for our posts?". Now can a admin PLEASE give me some feedback about this idea? Would this work ? You could add a simple question to the register form and ask if the person who is registering had been recruted by a member of the Xisto forums or maybe even assign us (members) some kinda link where we can send recrutes for registering that automaticly links that register to our (members) accounts, and granting the X ammount of credits.

I`m realy curious what the admins think of this idea please admins reply and let me know.

ELPosted Image

Notice from moonwitch:
Editted out the column layout, which was NOT EL's fault

Why did you need to write all the above? Couldn't you just have asked about a refferal system, rather than telling everyone how you got the idea, etc?Okay, enough criticism. It could be a good idea, but people might abuse it and set up false accounts, or people might never post in the forums and spend all thier time spamming a refferal link everywhere. That could serious;y damage Xisto's and Xisto's (if not as well Xisto's and Xisto - Web Hosting's) images, making it seem like they were pro-spamming.

I don't understand why it is not in full sentence form. It looks like you took it from a webpage with columns or a magazine article.If you did copy/paste the least you could do when you copy/paste is fix the article column spacing.Other than that it sounds good.

If you take a look @ al my posts you will see that

I almost always type like that.

I`m realy offended that you`re thinking I copied

and pasted it shhiiiit,

Her are some forums I post on go take a look man

serious. I`m offended by your post klass.

ElFoReal Forums

LionMix.com

GPForums

and this is the original post a made regarding

free hosting @ Xisto

PP2G.com

SMFH @ copy/paste tsk tsk tsk

do your homework be4 you label somebody DUDE!!!

That is a neat-ish idea. Like sax said it may be abused, but there is a risk of abuse in many online things. May i ask why do you break your sentences like that? i have seen your posts and i am not accusing you of copying from anywhere, it is just your posts get a little difficult to read due to the funny formatting.

It is funny thatyou should writethis topic today.We have beendiscussing waysto increase ourtraffic and bringnew members tothe websites. Wehave been lookinginto referal scriptslike "suggest thistopic" emails and"rate this topic".Your idea is quitegood. I'm notsure how it wouldwork because theadmins would needto manually adjustcredits for this Ibelieve. A newscript would beneeded toautomate theprocess but thatmay be difficult toimplement.As for your posting style, I think it is fine. It is actually a fairly common internet typing style. And as in your case, it was a result of screen sizes and text input area size.While the idea would increase traffic, the moderators would need to carefully watch refered member. Then how do you deal with a member new member that turns out to not be a very good member. Do you take the credits from the refering user if you have to suspend the new members account?I think that limits on number of referals will need to be considered and maximum limits on the number of credits that any single IP address can earn from referals.This way you can't refer yourself a hundred times for credit.New member must earn a certain number of credits and/or write a certain number of posts and/or certain number of days of activitybefore the refeing member will get referal credist. Keep up the ideas coming, we're listening. :lol:vujsa

Thanks Vusja tht`s the kind of reaction I was hoping for istead of that wining others did.How about some credits for my input LOLnah man just a joke.About e new script having to be writtten , don`t we have enuff scripters on board that could help out doing this?