xisto Community
BigmanB

DVD & CD Writer Help Please Help

I have got a CyberHome internal dvd writer that handles dvd+-r/rw,+r dl and cd. When I deleted a hard drive partition and merged it with another hard drive my dvd writer and cd writer got deleted. I went into the properties of the drives properties and said "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"if you can help please reply. I not sure if the bios of my system needs to be changed or not. HELP! :lol:

first check the existing hardware your computer detected. If your using windows it should be found in the device manager. if it is not detected it means that there maybe a problem in the connection. try to re-attach the dvd if this stil wont work then i guess the problem started during the deletion of the a partition, maybe windows was not able to map the drive letter of your dvd. But re-attaching your dvd most of the time solves the problem. The problem cerntainly is not in bios if when you load bios and try to see the available drive and you will be able to find the dvd. anyway gud luck....

I suggest removing/uninstalling the drivers for that DVD burner and then reinstalling them. Right click on My Computer and go to Properties->(Hardware if you have XP)->Device Manager and look for the DVD burner entry. If found, right click and remove the device drivers. Now restart your computer and see if Windows detects a new hardware. If so, follow the prompts to reinstall the drivers for the burner.

Hi BigmanB,Saga & WeaponX are both correct.When you re-partitioned you drive.. you probably lost the driver program for your dvd/cd drive. Windows uses a generic "default" driver that cannot make your drive work properly.If you need more help troubleshooting & re-installing the drive.. you can go to my website in the "Beginners Charts" section for a step by step guide.Hope this helpsRGPHNX