xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Can I Host Other Forums For Other People how?

I would like to start doing free forums for other people. php and smf ones. how would i do this, because i would like to give them an ftp account so they can upload new looks or i could upload them all for them and they choose like pre install one's. How would i give them an ftp account but only to that forum folder and not to my part of my site? any one know how i could do this.Would like to know how to do this as i dont really know that much :lol:

I don't know if what you want to do is within Xisto rules, so you might want to check with an admin or the Terms Of Service. But this is how you do it:Login to cPanel.Go to FTP Manager (under Site Management).Click Add FTP Account.Fill in the form (a bit automatically updates as you enter a login name, this restricts the new account to only the auto-updated directory).Click Create.Hope this helps! :lol:

Go to your Xisto Control Panel and do the below to set them up how you like.

First go here.

Posted Image

Then select here.

Posted Image

Acrefully read the information in the Note box. As it says in the box do not just enter a single/ in the directory box if you put /otherguys stuff they will only have access to the otherguy stuff directory so that way all you have to do is make a directory for each person and just call it by their name then you can go back to the FTP managerand assign a passowrd for a user to that directory that you just created.

if the terms allow it here or at Xisto you will need to make sure you have enough credits to keep your site active which in turn your forums you host reside.Also running multipul forums will run up your bandwidth so you need to take that into account, only after it is ok to do.