xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etan

How To Use Pivot The stickfig animation maker

Hey Guys and Gals I wanted to show everyone Pivot.

What is pivot you may be asking well its a stickfig animation maker . Not many have heard of it so ill instruct you on how to use it and where to get it.

Where to get Pivot

You can get pivot here:

Pivot

Now download it and install it.

Now that you have it installed it load it and you'll see a screen like the one below:

Posted Image

Now what you may be asking. You see the little red circles click on one and drag it to the right. It moves amazingly. Now click Next Fram and now your screen should look sort of like this:

Posted Image

Do that but this time to the left and click next frame. Do that over and over and then click play to see your animation.

Here is mine i made:

Posted Image

Enjoy and have fun and catch my next tutorial for pivot how to make your own characters in it.

Ok for some help I made a video to show you some basics to it:

Click here to watch help48

Edited by Nate (see edit history)

Hey Guys and Gals I wanted to show everyone Pivot.

What is pivot you may be asking well its a stickfig animation maker . Not many have heard of it so ill instruct you on how to use it and where to get it.

Where to get Pivot

You can get pivot here:

Pivot

Now download it and install it.

Now that you have it installed it load it and you'll see a screen like the one below:

Posted Image

Now what you may be asking. You see the little red circles click on one and drag it to the right. It moves amazingly. Now click Next Fram and now your screen should look sort of like this:

Posted Image

Do that but this time to the left and click next frame. Do that over and over and then click play to see your animation.

Here is mine i made:

Posted Image

Enjoy and have fun and catch my next tutorial for pivot how to make your own characters in it.

Ok for some help I made a video to show you some basics to it:

Click here to watch help48

1064310244[/snapback]

I have not tried mosaics yet but would guess it would be easier to use Picture

Window (PW) Pro 2.5 than either Photoshop 4 or 5. Back in the old days when I was

using Photoshop 2.5 (no layers) for tricolor stacking of images, it was quite

difficult to move and then rotate images to match them up. With Picture Window it

is much easier as the movement and rotation is done automatically. Also the

multipoint registration should help in aligning images with curved fields and other

optical aberrations. Also PW is far cheaper and easier to use when registering

images than any of the Photoshop versions.

Regarding your question, Photoshop 4 has no central pivot point (that I can

see) in FREE TRANSFORM that you can move. It seems to merely pivot at the center of

the image. However, Photoshop 5 does have a moveable pivot point in FREE TRANSFORM

as the article indicates. As is typical with Photoshop they have also changed the

location of FREE TRANSFORM. In order to get there you now click on a selection tool

(e.g. use a Marquee), then EDIT and then FREE TRANSFORM. You will see in the center

of the free transform box a central dark circle with small cross hairs. This is the

pivot point which can easily be repositioned with your mouse before you rotate.

Very nice tutorial there m8, i'm sure it'd help anyone with animation. Ive tried that Pivot program before and its very good :o Im going to try and get an animation up and running soon so you can see it.Thanks, Burgin!

o cool. that program looks very cool and fun while bored...though i am not bored with hockey and counter stike source :) lol.Also snow skating not boarding snow skating like a skateboard but with no wheels rubber grip tape and smooth plastic bottom really fun but no snow all Christmas break im so pissed off.Well atleast I got this free web hosting to look forward to. Is it a sub domain like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ going for the 5GB(5000MB hosting 30 credits woof lol)

Nice. I had no idea there was such a program. Now I have yet another way to waste away my Sundays on my computer! Thanks for sharing.

ive done a similar thing in flash. These simple things are so much fun to make! i once had to make a whole stick animation, its hard work (contrary to popular belief) but its worth it when you play it!

Great! Now i understand more about this program. i'we downloaded it yesterday, but i hawent used it yet. Hawe someone seen stick figues in crack on youtube? those movies are made with this program!

How can i put animations on youtube, or on cd, or on an email?

How To Use Pivot

How would I get my animations online?

-reply by Turtle

admin reply

============

You will have to EXPORT your animation to standard video format and then upload it to youtube.com.

Link for VIDEO UPLOAD => Youtube =>

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

OR

You can create your own website and Upload it.

To start with a Website, checkout:-

https://xisto.com/