xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theillestmc12

Cool Codes For Html/css Guys?

i dont really know what you mean by this but most stuff usualy get annoying if they are to extravagant. for making sites the <div> tag is pretty usedfull for making boxes with text and placing it exactly where you want it. thats what i do with my site. For more cool effects or something just google for Cool Scripts or something similar.

Yeah i got some cool codes for HTML/CSS for on myspace, Ill give you a link that can really help you out alot on where and how to place these codesLissa Explains it all If you still need additional help you can message me . My link on MYSPACE IS Todds Myspace Profile.

hi thx for reaplying guys but what i mean is cool scripts so i can make my page preety :(...neways dude nice myspace its so clean...but where is the comment box???like you cant see the people who left a comment...o ya thanks for the link to it helped me alot..well i just want to design my page and make it look awesome :( because i dont want to have the same designs with other people i want to be unique so i was looking for some cool codes for html and css...o well i guess there isnt any lol...well thanks again for replying..peace!

There may be cool codes for myspace profiles, such as music videos like I have on my profile, but most of the time, the css tricks usually take too long to upload, and drags out the time it takes for people to view your profile, so keeping it short and sweet will garner you more friends than if it takes them five minutes to see who messaged them.

Maybe you want to try Funky Chickens, they have a pretty nice collection of codes. But mzwebfreak is right, all the codes and css do lag the loading time, somethin fierce. Take a look at my little brother's band's page There's Always Forever, see?

(PS, my little bro's Sean, the drummer. Isn't he adorable?!)

I find it difficult when I browse someone's myspace profile and it takes forever for their page to load. If it takes more than 5 minutes to load, I'm out. I think people try to force too much code/effects on their profile page... the old axiom "less is more" certainly applies here. A point to remember: Not everyone today uses DSL/Cable/Broadband... at least I do. Someone using dial-up would NEVER get a page to dl on some profiles. Just keep that in mind... when you "preety up" your profile...Cheers!

the css tricks usually take too long to upload, and drags out the time it takes for people to view your profile

Are you sure? I feel using CSS is the best way to make something attractive and well ordered without using tables and images at all. If you want to see some really good CSS effects like adding shadows to images and <p> elements, I would suggest this site:

http://alistapart.com/

It has a lot of CSS and Javascript 'how-to's.

A good tutorial on CSS can be found at w3schools:

http://www.w3schools.com/

IMO, CSS actually takes very less time to load since the css file is just a text file which will be about the size of a smiley. Compare that with the sites that use tables and a complex image.

hi... i have something, i hope u will like it..
if u have in your site like a guestbook that have the <textarea> tag or any <input> tags.... like for example the comment text box where your guest rights comments to about your site... then you could add pictures on that text box and even change its fonts, background color :P
so here how it works with css...

say for example you have this comment box..
<textarea></textarea>
to add picture on it and change the font color to let say red, add this style:
<textarea style="background-image:url(mypic.jpg);color:#ff0000"></textarea>

its that simple :P
to add any other effects, just add this following styles that you will find interesting:

font-family:verdana ----- where verdana is the font fo course
background-color:#000000 -- where #000000 is the color
font-size:11px --- where 11px is the size in pixels..
border-color:#000000

actualy there are lost you can do, just refer to the CSS standards or any reference book you have or maybe online books or you could go to w3c.org :D

i hope u like it..

by the way to see those things in action visit this site
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hi i was just wondering if you guys have any cool effect codes for html/css..im going to use it in mypace..its like a networking friend thing....well if you guys have any i would really appreciate it :D thx peacE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The neatest thing I've found about css is the moz-opacity filter in Netscape and

the alpha filter in IE.

moz-opacity has a value between 0 and 1 while the alpha filter in IE (for windows only) is 0 to 100.

the syntax is as follows

filter: alpha(opacity=x); -moz-opacity: x;

where x is a value adherent to the conditions listed above

using the setTimeout method (function) one could fade in or out

aural style-sheets are soon to be implemented

-munchausen

hi i was just wondering if you guys have any cool effect codes for html/css..im going to use it in mypace..its like a networking friend thing....well if you guys have any i would really appreciate it :D thx peacE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you really want to pimp out your Myspace page then you can join a group where people are experts in this type of department. Groups like myspace coder or html masters will be happy to assist you here. Or you can just go here at https://myspace.com/browser. That should tell you everything you need to know.

If you are after CSS style codes for making your page look nicer, just check out "thomas myspace editor" or "pimp webpage" or any similar editors. They let you just plug in values for each section, chose your colors and set your fonts. They are really easy to use if you aren't familiar to using css/html.

A lot of people ask me about how I do my myspace pages, and I either direct them there or tell them its all in the <div>'s. By using div tags, you can cover up everything on your page and then create your own page however you want. If you want to see an example of how div tags can be used simply, then check out this page (I use it for testing purposes only) MY MYSPACE TESTING PAGE.