xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Umbra

Dink Smallwood

Has anyone ever played Dink Smallwood? It is a free game, and can be found at any major download site.Anyways, you're Dink, a farmer. When you go out to find some things for your mother, you come back to her house and find it burned down. From then on, you explore the country, learn attacks and magic, and kill people and things.You should really download this game, since it is very addicting. You'll be playing this game for hours. I wish they'd make a sequel or remake, using the same engine, since the game is so good. Its even been added to the gamelist at GameFAQs.Also, it comes with DinkEdit, which is a scripting that let's you make your own adventures. Out of 158 reviews, it maintained a 4.5/5 rating, which is very good. Plus, it is free. The full version of a game for free. You should defiently try it.

I feel I should point out that it's an old game...diablo-ish in style. I played it a few years ago I think and it was alright...but then again that was when I was hard up for free games lol. I thought it was alright, great as far as a fully freeware game goes, but its nothing amazing if compared to pay software...and its not recent so the graphics are heavily dated as I don't even remember them being great then. This all having been said it's worth the download what with it being (legally) free and all

Yes, I tried this game, but way back that I cannot even remember properly how it looked. But yes, I remember me and my cousin enjoying our times with this game. The initial part was beautifully designed, and so were the final parts. But it seemed like the designer/artist of the game, suddenly felt bored during the last part, and seemed out of creative inputs, that the final boss enemy turned out to be crappy. It was that, or there was some serious sense of humor invovled there.(Serious sense of humor - oxymoron?)

Hmm. All this time I thought that Dink Smallwood was made using the RPGmaker2000 engine. but now that you mention that dink editor thing, I don't think it could be. I think I'll check it out though. It doesn't sound bad if the graphics are good. Are they? I think that with such a basic storyline the graphics must be great.

Dink Smallwood is a very good action RPG released by RT Software. You can find the main game and the various Dink Modules for free on Download.com....and it is definatly worth your time.Dink was made in the vain of Zelda, only with a loose plot....and a lot more dirty humor. If you don't like that type of humor, then this game may not be for you. If you are like me, and you laugh out loud at things such as a old woman having a suggestive relationship with her duck....which you can kill at the beginning of the game.....then you might love it.Dink is a Zelda-esque Action RPG. You're sent on this quest to rescue a valiant knight from an evil man, named Seth (who is actually the one of the main people behind the creation of the game...).....and other various sidequests. Basically, it's hack and slash with with puzzle elements, and the game does it well. You will spend hours traveling DInk's world, slaughtering and insulting everyone and everything, eventually leading to the final showdown with Seth....which is an interesting battle....to say the least.