xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Find Command Error In Fedora 4

have anybody try the new version of fedora??Fedora 4 was leased a few days ago.I just installed it on my PC. And here is a problem:I get the following message when I do a "find".

CONSOLE
[jedi@localhost ~]# find / -name scim.pcfind: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.find: /proc/6000/task: No such file or directoryfind: /proc/6000/fd: No such file or directory/opt/src/scim/scim.pc
What does it mean? It doesn't seem to cause any problems. the file I look for was found. But I'd like to solve it. This didn't happen with the Fedora core 3 I had previously.With this Fedora core 4, I did a full install (fresh install, not an upgrade). And I login as root.

While we break our heads on it - why don't you file a report with Fedora as well - you might have come across some potential bug!! Check out their forums and see if anyone's faced this and make a report as well...Regards,m^e

the /proc filesystem is not real, but a virtual interface to the kernel.i would guess that the latest kernel has tweaked this filesystem in such a way that has not yet been integrated into the find utility.nothing to wory about, if the /proc filesystem was truely corrupt, then you would be having much greater troubles.