xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

Battlefield 2 Demo

Out now is the Battlefield 2 demo... you can download it from Gamespot here

for those who dont know, Battlefield 2 is the next installment of Battlefield 1942, which I really like haha... its an awesome military based game, and i personally like driving the tanks and blowing the crap outta everyone :(

the games brilliant, it's as simple as that, lol

I found the original Battlefield was just sooo boring, with emtpy space and the occasional building on a HUGE map.

With battlefield 2, buildings are everywhere, and close combat firing is very common.

I think the planes are a little to fast, but updates will sort a lot of the problems.

There aren't many bugs as far as I can see, which gives a really good impression.

You can see how popular the game is going to be, thousands of people playing on it constantly.

I think the game will be really popular for clans as well, as they have introduced more squad play and tactics.

The ranking system will be really good, with medals and that. The higher you are in the rankings, and the better you play, the more weapons and accessories you can unlock for multiplayer, this is a cool addon for advanced players so they do not get as bored easily. The added weapons will not be any better that the original standard weapons, so the not so good players will still cope fine!

I'm deffinately going to buy this game!

Ed

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ gives some cool stats for all of the people playing games of Gamespy Arcade.

There are 2 new features that really make this version stand alone from previous Battlefield’s. The new commander mode allows a person to basically “command” the battle from a top down standpoint (execute artillery strikes, give squads orders, etc). The other great feature, is the new command execution. Before, you had to use the F keys to execute a command to your team. Now, you simply point at a target, hit Q and click the appropriate command, and not only does it call out the command to your team, it highlights it on the map. The usability of this feature was REALLY thought out, as the most used command (Enemy Spotted) is selected by default, so you just have to hit Q + click at the same time.There are a couple of bugs however. For instance, every once and a while, if you capture a base, some teammates that now spawn there, will show up as enemies, and when you kill them, you will get a Teamkill. I racked up a wopping -27 score in about 30 seconds this weekend before realizing it. How this bug makes it through testing, is beyond me, but what makes me ok with it, is that EA/Dice are usually VERY fast in patching the game to fix these type of bugs. Another annoyance, is the Helicopter controls. Not only do the controls hardly respond while at full speed, they just feel fake overall. Anytime you angle the helo down, it speeds towards the ground at an incredibly fast rate. Sure, this might be realistic, but hardly easy to use in-game. But, I am extremely impressed with this game. If the full version proves as good as this demo, I would go as far to say that this is the game of the year.

once BF2 comes out for retail we'll have to get a bunch of us together to lay down some ownage :(Oh, if any of you have xfire post up your id's...I have it but forget my id so I'll post it later from home heh

heck yeah im down for playin BF2 with you guys... although i gotta warn ya, i stink at it... i get on a roll blowing up stuff or something and then i usually get killed... but i dont care that game is just friggin fun!!!!

The game itself is very good aside some minor issues like the fact that it ain`t the easiest thing to fly a jet on an area that small and the fact that the game demands a really fast computer. Too bad I can`t say the same about the mayority of people that play this game. Often two thirds of people don`t join a sqaud at all and run around the map as lone wolfs instead or even if they join a sqad they sometimes don`t obey commands and so on. Also way too many players chooses sniper class and just camps the whole game (it is great fun sneaking up to them and killing them with a knife though) and often they will take some transportation device to get to their camping area and then simply leave it there to rott. Also sometimes you have people that spawn rape. All in all it is often very frustrating...BTW: I am not sure I like the feature that counts how long have you played. I don`t want to know how much of my life have I wasted on the game. :P

The game hasn't came out for retail to you guys yet? I don't currently have enough cash to buy it myself (got to save up for college tuition :) ) but my friend got it like 2 weeks ago. Its a really great game, very addicting I must say for an FPS game. I was hooked on this game from just playing it for about 30 minutes. When the game goes on sale I'll buy and play it with all of you guys. Its a great game for skilled or not skilled FPS players since you can always spend time riding the vehicles and trying to take over territories.

There are 2 new features that really make this version stand alone from previous Battlefieldâs. The new commander mode allows a person to basically âcommandâ the battle from a top down standpoint (execute artillery strikes, give squads orders, etc). The other great feature, is the new command execution. Before, you had to use the F keys to execute a command to your team. Now, you simply point at a target, hit Q and click the appropriate command, and not only does it call out the command to your team, it highlights it on the map. The usability of this feature was REALLY thought out, as the most used command (Enemy Spotted) is selected by default, so you just have to hit Q + click at the same time.

There are a couple of bugs however. For instance, every once and a while, if you capture a base, some teammates that now spawn there, will show up as enemies, and when you kill them, you will get a Teamkill. I racked up a wopping -27 score in about 30 seconds this weekend before realizing it. How this bug makes it through testing, is beyond me, but what makes me ok with it, is that EA/Dice are usually VERY fast in patching the game to fix these type of bugs. Another annoyance, is the Helicopter controls. Not only do the controls hardly respond while at full speed, they just feel fake overall. Anytime you angle the helo down, it speeds towards the ground at an incredibly fast rate. Sure, this might be realistic, but hardly easy to use in-game.

But, I am extremely impressed with this game. If the full version proves as good as this demo, I would go as far to say that this is the game of the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The full version of the game is very good I hear. When I played it, it was as amazing as they said it was. It was constant killing here and there, and I loved every second of it. The only problem I got from it was constant lag from it. The ping was rarely good for me, but it was fun still since it wasn't close to death ping. The things I like in this game is the vehicles in there, like the tank, and the turrents and etc. Oh, one other problem, they say there are like 30 types of vehicles, in a way that's true and all. The thing is, they are repetitive for each of the three groups. Like the tank, it's in all three groups, but named different, making that three different named vehicles, that are the same. Yeah, not really 30 when you think about that lol. Anyways, good game, I give it an 8 until they fix the lag. Then it'll be a high 9.