xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darren0330

Anyone Have A Samsung 17" 710 MP ? question about TFT-LCDs

So the 710mp I have is also a tv tuner, the picture on the tv or aux-in looks GREAT, but the monitor doesnt look so great, I installed the drivers off the CD it came with but the color is wierd, it looks like lines of color instead of blending together. playing with all the settings doesnt fix it. brightsness changes the length of the lines, like I said, it really wierd and hard to explain what i'm seeing. Every other monitor I've used looks fine, but this one is pissing me off... anyone ever had the same problem with a TFT-LCD?!?

Not exactly sure what you are referring to, but is it lines scrolling in your LCD screen? If it is, it might be the refresh rates. You have to set them higher or lower and see which Hz level will make it go away or seem less distracting. Sometimes a very high refresh rate may do more harm than good, so make sure it's not set too high either.I'm doing this on my laptop but your's should be something similar. Right click on the desktop and go to Properties. Then go to the Display tab. Click on the Advanced button. Next go to the Monitor tab and under Screen refresh rate, try selecting them one by one (go up or down a notch to see if it improves). You might have the refresh rates settings in your video card software if it came with it. So try looking there also.