xisto Community
bigredrosen

Hosting Credits What do the days represent?

hey guys, real basic quesstion here.i know hosting credits determine how long you can stay inactive and all, i know how they work ... but is it actually what it says it is? i.e. if it says 7, can i not post for 7 days without any consequences, or does it move faster?zack

Each credit represents 1 day, so every .01 credits is about 15 minutes. It moves that fast, if you have 7 credits you can skip a week. but as soon as your credits reach zero your hosting is suspended.~Viz

Thanks Skywalker, I was pretty sure how that worked, but I'm glad you confirmed my prior beliefs. I kind of like how AstraHosting works. Not only does the forum help people, but it gives them a reason to work for their website atleast. I mean it's a small cost to pay for free hosting and all the perks. I guess writing How-To's and Tutorials could end up really paying off in the long run since the word count-and grammar and post size would probably boost your amount of days considerably. I think the best way to do it would be to bank a lot of credits and then after banking about 50, or 100 you can take a break and concentrate on your website for a few weeks. I mean it's not all that hard. I've been on for only a day or some and I've already got almost 40. Hopefully I can keep up this momentum and I can get the website up soon. I just need to re-install Photoshop and edit in some graphics for my website and then I should be able to upload once my account has been approved. Well anyways, I've gone and made a simple response of "Thank-You" turn out to be a long winded talk of banking credits and my website. lol Oops! Thanks again guys.

Yes, one post a day, if it is a good post, tends to keep hosting credits up. If your hosting credits fall below -30, you abuse the board, or break too many rules (or one bad enough) your hosting will be permanently canceled, and in the case of the latter two, you will be banned from the boards. If your hosting is canceled, not just suspended, all data you had will be lost.~Viz