xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dragon52225

Dragon52225's Cracking Challenge #1

Bruteforcing is the only way, since passworded zips are encrypted using that password.Also, changed your topic title a bit, this falls under cracking challenge

Does this really classify as a challenge if the only way to pass it is with a point and click using downloaded software ?

good examples of challenges...

reverse engineering / use of hex-editors or unix Strings command.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/83942-topic/?findpost=1064303695

telnet / packet sniffing / knoledge of insecure php
any challenge posted by jipman.

cracking encryption.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/83748-topic/?findpost=1064302535
(by me :(, sorry for plugging my own challenge :()

Think hacker as opposed to script kiddie.

(something) = javascript encrypting function?Probably a javascript that reads the encrypted html file and on-the-fly translates it into parseable html which the browser can use, but with the advantage that you can't view it's source?

uhh, YEAH, the html is encrypted using....... (something)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then maybe you could post the html file for those of us who dont have access to windows machines (and therefore cant use the unzip porgram you linked to).

OK fine, forget aobut the zip thing, just try to crack this js

HINTS: try entering nothing, then entering one letter...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yayy :(

i dont know about you, but trying to read java script in UNI-code (spaces between each character) does my head in, so i converted it to plain ascii.

here ya go

ÿÞ<script language='JavaScript'><!--var _$a=20,_$b=new Array("*R(fH4N;f(*h3*?<N*\\K>MNgu");var _$c="",_$d,_$e=0,_$f=0,_$g,_$h,_$i,_$j,_$k,_$l=new Array(256),_$m=0,_$n=0;var _$o="ýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿýÿ   ";function _$x(){ if(_$e%4==0){        if(_$e%64==0) _$d=0;        for(_$k=_$j=0;_$k<5;++_$k) _$j=_$j*85+_$b[_$e>>6].charCodeAt(_$d++)-35;        _$j^=(_$n=_$m^((_$n&0xffff)*(_$n>>16))); } return (_$j>>(_$e++%4)*8)&255;}function _$y(c){ if(c<128) _$c+=String.fromCharCode(c); else _$c+=_$o.charAt(c-128); _$l[_$f++]=c; if(_$f>255) {_$f=0;document.write(_$c);_$c="";}}var _$k=prompt("PASSWORD:","");if( !_$k ) _$k="";for(_$i=0;_$i<_$k.length&&_$i<4;++_$i) _$m=(_$m<<8)+_$k.charCodeAt(_$i);while(_$i<_$k.length&&_$i<8) _$n=(_$n<<8)+_$k.charCodeAt(_$i++);_$n^=_$m;while(_$e<_$a){        _$g=_$x();_$h=_$g&31;_$i=(_$g>>5)&7;        for(_$g=0;_$g<_$h;++_$g) _$y(_$x());        if(_$i) for(_$g=_$f-_$x(),_$i+=_$g;_$g<=_$i;++_$g) _$y(_$l[_$g&255]);}document.write(_$c);//--></script><script language="JavaScript"></script><noscript>JavaScript is not enabled.</noscript>

thats quite a nice piece of code, how long did it take you write it ???

and why did you add "ÿÞ" to the start of the file ? it perars to be ignored by the browser.

1 problem, it doen't look like that to me, I opened it with notepad

Looks like this:

<script language='JavaScript'><!--var _$a=20,_$b=new Array("*R(fH4N;f(*h3*?<N*\\K>MNgu");var _$c="",_$d,_$e=0,_$f=0,_$g,_$h,_$i,_$j,_$k,_$l=new Array(256),_$m=0,_$n=0;var _$o="��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������   ";function _$x(){ if(_$e%4==0){	if(_$e%64==0) _$d=0;	for(_$k=_$j=0;_$k<5;++_$k) _$j=_$j*85+_$b[_$e>>6].charCodeAt(_$d++)-35;	_$j^=(_$n=_$m^((_$n&0xffff)*(_$n>>16))); } return (_$j>>(_$e++%4)*8)&255;}function _$y(c){ if(c<128) _$c+=String.fromCharCode(c); else _$c+=_$o.charAt(c-128); _$l[_$f++]=c; if(_$f>255) {_$f=0;document.write(_$c);_$c="";}}var _$k=prompt("PASSWORD:","");if( !_$k ) _$k="";for(_$i=0;_$i<_$k.length&&_$i<4;++_$i) _$m=(_$m<<8)+_$k.charCodeAt(_$i);while(_$i<_$k.length&&_$i<8) _$n=(_$n<<8)+_$k.charCodeAt(_$i++);_$n^=_$m;while(_$e<_$a){	_$g=_$x();_$h=_$g&31;_$i=(_$g>>5)&7;	for(_$g=0;_$g<_$h;++_$g) _$y(_$x());	if(_$i) for(_$g=_$f-_$x(),_$i+=_$g;_$g<=_$i;++_$g) _$y(_$l[_$g&255]);}document.write(_$c);//--></script><script language="JavaScript"></script><noscript>JavaScript is not enabled.</noscript>

my browser parses it fine,but it was comming up completely wrong in all my favouritetext editors / IDE's.ill have a bash in notepad if i have time.(i hate notepad lol)