xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vujsa

SMF Version 1.0.4 Released! All users should upgrade now

Simple Machines Forum announced on June 8th, 2005 that it was releasing SMF1.0.4. The new version will correct a few minor bugs. See below.

Simple Machines is happy to release the latest update to SMF. This is only a small release, which addresses an issue with the parsing of some BBC, and fixes a few minor bugs found since 1.0.3. While this is only a small release we strongly suggest that you upgrade to this version, because it will improve the security of your forum.

What's Changed:

fixed an issue with parsing embedded BBC tags

added "Update Available" information to the admin center, to notify admins of future updates

fixed a couple of minor bugs

As always, we would appreciate if you give us constructive feedback about this release, as well as bug reports.

If you are upgrading from 1.0.3, the easiest way to update is through the package manager. If not, you only need to use the "update" package as it includes only the changed files since 1.0's release. However, if you have any mods installed it would be better to use the "upgrade" package because it contains all the files for an SMF installation. Remember that you can use the "upgrade" package to come from any previous version of SMF, as well as from YaBB SE 1.5.1 or higher.

http://download.simplemachines.org/

Thanks,

Simple Machines

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Regards,

The Simple Machines Community Forum Team.

I hope that everyone will enjoy the newest release of the fastest growing bulletin board application availible.

vujsa

I simply adore SMF, but there's gotta be a topic or something to have a board for :( I would run SMF if I had something to be forumming about. IPB is really nice, but too expensive if you ask me. SMF is free (it's no secret I love Open Source and Freeware)My very first skinning experience was in SMF and I love it. To be honest, I thought it was easier. But then again that may be because I didn't build a skin for SMF from nothing. For IPB I do start with nothing but a list of all graphics I need to make. :(

Google Sitemaps are also available now as a simple mod to SMF, just upload the file to the same folder as SMF and then give Google the sitemaps.php address.

SMF 1.0.4 - Did bring the first mod breakages but the mod authors have sorted these out by now, it was due to a minor security update that was carried out.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

For the PHP script.

Thats so cool!! I used SMF for awhile and i loved it. Beat the hell out of phpbb anyway. I removed it now because i didnt feel the need for a forum. Anyway THREE CHEERS FOR THE SMF TEAM!!! Keep it up guys..!!!