xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

How To Reinstall Internet Explorer?

How to reinstall Internet Explorer?

Just as you know, you can’t reinstall Internet Explorer by default, and when you want to reinstall Internet Explorer, setup display following message error: Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system. Setup cannot continueYou have two ways to reinstall Internet Explorer in your system: reinstall Windows again!!! Or install another Browser!?

But I want to teach you third way!?

To remove message error and reinstall All components of Internet Explorer 06:

1) Run “registry editor” (go to Start menu > Run > and type “regedit”.

2) Find following Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383{

3) Now, in right side, find and double click on “IsInstalled” key .change value from 1 to 0 and click ok.

4) Close Registry Editor and restart your PC, now you can reinstall Internet Explorer.

If you need to only reinstall Outlook Express 06:

Find following key :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

And in right side, find and double click on “IsInstalled” key .change value from 1 to 0 and click ok.

Close Registry Editor and restart your PC. now you can reinstall Outlook Express 06.

Be Successful !

Soleimanian : :(

Notice from Klass:
You forgot to add the Warning when you were copying directly from Microsoft's website.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

This thread was taken from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

you can uninstal IE at your config. screen(i have a dutch windows so i don't know the english name well) and than choose softwarethan you see a list of al software on your pc and you click on IE => and than you hav a button (in dutch verwijderen/wijzigen) i suppose in english delete/rename ore somethi ng like that and than you click on it and it will uninstall IE, notice that you can't enter internet after that normal so you have need an installation pack on your pc .i haven't done this yet but i think you can do it so (I'M NOT SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!)maybe you should listen to other peopel to :(

Install Firefox or Opera instead, that are much better browsers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does Firefox or Opera help me reinstall Internet Explorer?

Please stay on topic.

We already have threads with Use firefox over internet explorer, IE is not worth the time, etc.

why dont u install another browser?

i mean its a lot safer

like mozilla firefox

How does Firefox or Opera help me reinstall Internet Explorer?

Please stay on topic.

We already have threads with Use firefox over internet explorer, IE is not worth the time, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Notice from Klass:
Please Stay On Topic

Edited by Klass (see edit history)