xisto Community
bob3695

Hey Everyone Im New

Hi everyone,I am going to tell you a little bit about me. My name is Rich, I am 17, I live in PA, I am a VB programmer, and I am currently working on a game.A little bit about the game. The games name is CyberWarfare. It is going to be a hacking/cracking game. I am going to make it as real as possible with out teaching anything I shouldn't be. The basic story is you are 16-17 years old, have a slow computer, a 56K internet connection. You have to go online and download programs and read tutorials to learn how to hack and crack. once you learn to crack you can crack programs and sell them for money to upgrade your PC, upgrade your internet connection, and buy better software. Once you learn to hack you can do missions for people to get some more money.I am planning on placing an in-game language that you use to crack the programs with. Of corse nothing will be real and you will not learn a single thing about cracking or hacking.

Welcome to Xisto bob - and thanks for stealing my idea :( (j/k) - even I'd started working on a similar game but had to drop it for now coz of my real-world workload. I'm a .net coder too - and in case you're serious about this game, we could chip in our knowledge and make it a terrific game. Also how do you plan to release it ? Opensource or Proprietary ? If opensource, you might consider hosting it as a project on AntiLost.Com - our opensource partner hosting site.Regards,m^e

sounds really interesting, cant wait for u to make it hehe - there are a fair few games around on the net which involve a bit of hacking - im sure you have heard of them. Anyway gl with it

Sounds like alot of fun, but I would advise against VB, I've had major problems with VB programs crashing systems of mine, including both programs I've written, and ones I've got off the net. I would recomend Java or C++ for a serious program like that. What kind of graphics do you plan on using? I might be able to help you. Let me knowYB :(

Well we were planing on realesing it closed-source. We are hoping to get a site on here to host it. I know VB has its limitiaions but it works very good if you know how to use it. graphics wise we are not sure yet. I think we will need some cool backgrounds and icons but that might be it. If anyone would like to help in anyway email me at bob3695@gmail.com and I will see what we can do.