xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Is Astahost Hosting This Good ? :)

is this too good to be true people, but maybe it is, i was wondering do we get cpanel with this hosting with 10 credits and do we get the fantastico's as my last hosting had it till they closed :( but came across here and i was like :( I really want to know what your uptime is and will my free hosting be safe with you as the people who hosted me before said this as there title. Free Hosting You Can Trust and i was like yea sure at the end.So please reply :P

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

This should help you some: 1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting 2. Cpanel 9 [9.4.1-RELEASE 64] 3. Fantastico 2 4. 150 Mb Dedicated Space 5. 2 GB Dedicated BW 6. Ip Address [ Shared ] 7. Unlimited Sub-Domains 8. Unlimited Parked-Domains (request) 9. Unlimited Addon-Domains (request) 10. Unlimited MySQL Databases 11. Unlimited Email Accounts 12. Unlimited Email Forwarders 13. Unlimited Mailing Lists 14. Unlimited Email filters 15. Unlimited Ftp Accounts 16. PERL version 5.8.1 17. PHP version 4.3.7 [ Safe Mode OFF with Complete GD Support ] 18. MySQL version 4.0.18-standard 19. File Manager 20. FTP Manager 21. Backup Facilities Available 22. Disk Usage stats 23. Password Protect Directories 24. Custom Error Pages 25. SSH/Shell Access 26. FrontPage Extensions 27. Web/FTP Stats 28. Sub domain Stats 29. Raw Access Logs 30. Search Engine Submiter 31. Chatroom, PhpMyChat etc scripts 32. Bulletin Board [ Invision, PHPBB, YaBB etc ] 33. Scripts Library 34. CGI Center 35. Agora Shopping Cart 36. Network Tools 37. MIME Types 38. Apache Handlers 39. Raw Log Manager 40. Redirects 41. Cron jobs 42. Manage OpenPGP Keys 43. HotLink Protection 44. Index Manager 45. IP Deny Manager 46. Change Language 47. Error log 48. SSL Manager 49. 24/7 Support by Forums 50. Online Chat support

I can testify to the extremely high level of free web hosting being offered at Xisto. Almost 100% uptime, plenty of disk space and bandwidth, unbeatable features. Consider the $0.00 price tag and the friendly forums here, you'll find Xisto one of the best, if not the best, free webhosts around.The only thing is you've gotta be active and contribute. But that's not very hard too.

im hoping to get an account soon - i am currently with 150m - who i pay for which i will add. Xisto promises more for free!Truely an amazing host if this isnt false

I went through a few of the free places, but because of spamming problems, they all seemed to go to paid only accounts. Once I found Xisto, I was able to keep my own forum up and running with less hassle.Sometimes you just have to look around and ask questions.Yes, Asta IS this good.Posting isn't that hard. You can learn things from others, share your own thoughts and help others with problems. What could be better?

I sure hope so, I just signed up with them, and I'm working on getting enough posts to get my website hosted by them. I already have paid for my domain name from another company, so I want to get my site up & running as soon as possible. From all the sites I've seen, Xisto seems to be the best if what they say is true.YB

Over the years I've been going back and forth for a decent host, usually changing the overall them of my site as I get older. I started out in gurlpages, then went to angelfire, then to 0catch, then to angelcities, then to ultrahost, then to freewebs, and finally 100webspace. None of them were satisfying to me. Gurlpages and Freewebs had to follow templates. Angelfire, 0catch, and Angelcities had ads. Ultrahost had lots of ads. Finally, I thought I had found a good host with 100webspace. Unlimited webspace, no banners, as many urls as you wanted so that I could get to all of my sites with ONE account. Shortly after being there they put HUGE banners on my site. Needless to say I was once again on the search for yet another, webhost. Then I ran across here and have yet to find a problem with Xisto. The space is more than enough for my site. It's easy and simple to use. There are no banners. Everyone speaks English. Everyone's really friendly and willing to talk. Honestly, if you stick with it, I think you'll enjoy it. Another thing, they don't ask you for one of your previous sites in order to host you, and they don't limit your time to get one up. This is really good for me because I always tear down my old sites and I just now decided that my site would look better in css, so I must learn css. Posting isn't hard, just find a topic you like and keep talking.

I have tried a lot of other hosts and I think that Xisto is the best by far. The uptime is really good (about 99%), I have only had a small problem with the uptime when I started only because of a random glitch. Xisto fixes all problems that occure faster then all of the other hosts that I was using. Xisto have really good upgrade plans and upgrading is really simple. The cPanel has a lot of features and have lots of scripts for you to add to your site like:

1. Guestbooks

2. Forums

3. Chat rooms

4. Shopping Cart

5. Random HTML generator

6. Counter

7. Clock

8. Countdown

9. CGI EMail

10. Entropy site Search (This feature allows you to create a search engine for your site)

11. Entropy Banner (This feature allows you to create rotating banner ads)

But the best part of Xisto is that all of this is FREE and they DON'T force ads on your sites (unlike 99% good free hosting). So like I said before Xisto is the BEST!

For more info about Xisto go to my post about Xisto

I read several reviews about free web hosting and Xisto had a lot of good things said about it. I haven't heard any negative feed back about it at all. The only slightly negative thing about it is that you have to stay active in posting. I guess it's all in the way you look at it because I know that I can only benefit from reading and replying to these discussions.

is this too good to be true people, but maybe it is, i was wondering do we get cpanel with this hosting with 10 credits and do we get the fantastico's as my last hosting had it till they closed :(  but came across here and i was like  :P

I really want to know what your uptime is and will my free hosting be safe with you as the people who hosted me before said this as there title. Free Hosting You Can Trust and i was like yea sure at the end.

So please reply  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cookiemonster, we are very glad that you asked this question. It give everyone the chance to give their opinion.

All I can say is that I know people that pay for hosting an get a lot less. Xisto really is that good.

We do this by maintaining the forums well. If you get rid of spam fast, then the boards stay clean and pretty and attract new people. As long as the board stay nice, Xisto can offer free web hosting.

The uptime is very good but things happen sometimes. We make every effort to get things going again quickly if there is an error. We recently lost a hard drive and it took some time to retrieve ALL of the data but it was retrieved. No lost websites, no missing vacation photos.

I think that our members have best described the features that make Xisto a good choice.

Keep in mind, this is not a free web space but instead, a free web hosting account. It is yours and there will be no ads, bots, insertions, or other modifications to your hosted files unless YOU put them there. This is a full featured hosting account just like most paid hosting accounts but here instead of paying a monthly cash fee, we ask that you remain active in the forums.

Hope this Helps, :(

vujsa

i really dont have an account yet but Xisto was reccommended by so many people...i went to a lot of forums asking if they know a good place where they host for free and they all said Xisto so im here now...and so far i read all the things and they are awesome :-D