xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

Will There Be A Most Popular Music Player? Post your opinions

In your opinion which is the best music player?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone please sit. Let me tell you about these 3 music players i have stated here. Firstly, Windows Media Player is one heck of a music player. THe newest version - 10 has all the tools right in front of you when you start it. LIbrary, burn, rip, sync. It's all in there! Winamp? Well its basically a simple music player but because it can be skinned, many people prefer it to Windows Media Player and itunes. itunes? Well nothing much to say about it. It shows much more detail of the music in the library than Windows Media Player. Easier to scroll and search for music? I'm not sure I've only used it once when i borrowed my friend's laptop and played some music with it. Other than that nothing. Anybody who's got anything else to say about these players? :(

Edited by HTML_Guru (see edit history)

I'm going to have to go with iTunes even though I run Windows XP.I say iTunes, because it's very easy to organize your music once you've put it on to your computer. Maybe I prefer iTunes, because I have an iPod, but it's so simple to update your ipod using it. If you prefer (like me), you can go into options and set it to update your iPod automatically. Which means, all I have to do is plug my iPod into my computer and it will update it without me clicking a single thing.So, I guess I'm saying that I haven't had much experience with Winamp, but I have tried Windows Media Player (since I have Windows XP), but I find it much more convenient for me to use iTunes. I think with all of the people getting iPods now, iTunes will become extremely popular, even for Windows users.

I don't know why you didn't include the RealJukebox utility. I use it all the time. Its in many ways superior to any player out there. It's really easy to build up a playlist. If you add music there's automatically info with the files about artist and album. Because of that info you can search a song you want to hear by searching for the album or the artist. Also you can record a cd in MP3 in very litlle time and very high quality. And above all you can write cd's in RealJukebox. Making a cd is hence extremely easy cause you just click all the songs you want on it. And the RAM usage is low, so RJB isn't a strain for your comp. I recommend RJB to everyone!!!

Everyone please sit. Let me tell you about these 3 music players i have stated here.

Firstly, Windows Media Player is one heck of a music player. THe newest version - 10 has all the tools right in front of you when you start it. LIbrary, burn, rip, sync. It's all in there!

Winamp? Well its basically a simple music player but because it can be skinned, many people prefer it to Windows Media Player and itunes.

itunes? Well nothing much to say about it. It shows much more detail of the music in the library than Windows Media Player. Easier to scroll and search for music? I'm not sure I've only used it once when i borrowed my friend's laptop and played some music with it. Other than that nothing.

Anybody who's got anything else to say about these players?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I do agree that Windows media player is a one heck of a music player, but the quality of the sound or the clarity remains a thing to think of. Becos it is not clear, I mean there is lot of noise to be filtered through a special device to make it sound good, say a sound blaster AudiGY 2nx. I have tried this and music is so soothing that it is crystal clear and it clears off all unecessary noise.

I find this one factor which makes it advantageous for people who use Windows Media player

my vote goes for winamp, cos really it's just an very goood player, that started with just mp3's, midi & mods and now it plays all and any playable multimedia format... It's just the best that can be, only one thing I dont like about winamp - it's not free anymore...

yes winamp is generally the prefered option as its used by most i think. I personally prefer iTunes to anything else - great interface and easy to use. VLC is the best all round media player though - totally recommend it!

WMP10 all the way. I've had them all, WMP10, iTunes, WinAmp and Realplayer, none of them could beat WMP10.None works as smooth as WMP. It's fast, the lay-out is good, ...It's realy the only thing M$ can do good, WMP, WMA and WMV.

I atually like amarok. it looks odd in default kde but it works pretty well, nice album covers and such, pretty confusing program but the best thing is the pop up thing that tells you the details of each track as they start.In windows they are all about the same. tell you whats pretty rubbish - sony sonicstage, i use it because it works with my remote. Real is nice, wmp always used to crash and it looks ugly so it loses. i dont like winamp either. Never used itunes but no doubt its good.