xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onlyregret

XBox 360

Microsoft is now releasing new information and statistics on their powerful new xbox 360. This xbox blows away all expectations. It uses 3 parralell processing chips running at 3.2 Ghz each. thats right, i said each. It also now has an upgradeable hard drive which sits ontop of the machine, it goes up to 20 gb compared to the 5gb of the original xbox, this is an incrediable machine, graphics are amazing and its super fast, along with the new look and speed xbox live will also change if you are using the 360. There will be two levels of xbox live, silver and gold, of course gold being more expensive. With silver you still get online gameplay, one on one video messaging service, and a ton of other stuff. But with gold you get alot more, exclusive downloads, like demos, demo clips, and new walpaper for the background of the desktop is even customisable, although an official price hasnt been released yet it is expected to hit the marked at a whoping $500.

Old news, but the price might be right.I mean, come on, $300 for a system that's better then a pc??? wtf...it makes me wonder how ms/sony can sell these things and still make a profit. And becasue they are, it makes me frustrated because we pay so much for pc parts =P

Gates' CES Keynote and CNet Interview about Xbox2>> "Where I will be totally coy is any specifics about the next generation of Xbox," Gates said during his CES 2005 keynote. But here's what he said about the current generation Xbox. From prnewswire.com:Quote:Xbox Leading the Way in Interactive EntertainmentStrong momentum for the Xbox system, with industry-leading sales for the 2004 holiday season, and expected sales of more than 20 million consoles by July 2005.Gates noted the continued momentum around Xbox and the Xbox Live service, announcing the industry-leading sales of the Xbox console for the critical 2004 holiday season in the United States, garnering a projected 40 percent market share for the months of November and December. The much-anticipated "Halo 2" title, launched Nov. 9, has sold more than 6.3 million copies to date, surpassing the sales to date of the first "Halo" title. "Halo 2"'s opening-day revenue of $125 million in the United States and Canada surpassed the biggest opening weekend in box-office history, for "Spiderman," which generated just under $115 million. The hot Xbox role- playing game title "Fable" also broke the 1 million sales mark in only two months.Xbox Live experienced the highest activity levels ever, with more than 1 million unique users playing on the service and "Halo 2" gamers spending a record-breaking 69 million hours on the service to date - more than any other Xbox Live game.Gates outlined three major trends driving the gaming phenomenon today: HDTV, ubiquitous broadband and wireless connectivity, and rich personalization. To demonstrate the latter point, he joined O'Brien to play "Forza Motorsport," an auto racing game from Microsoft Game Studios scheduled to launch in April 2005. Gates and O'Brien raced through Manhattan in customized cars, showing off the title's immersive, engaging gaming experiences -- and their lack of online driving skills.Read the whole article on prnewswire.com.On a side note, engadget.com, who posted a 'real-time overview' of the keynote/presentation, reports Bill & Conan got a 'Blue Screen of Death' while playing Forza Motorsport on XboxGates also talked with CNet news.com, where he was a little more chatty about the Xbox2 and also confirm there are no plans for a handheld console at this moment - here's an excerpt:Quote:* What are some of the primary goals with Xbox 2?Broadening the market, having media capabilities that when there's a PC, we connect up to that. This whole story of the Windows Media Connect and how all the formats and rights management and that simple Media Center menu that's just got TV, photos, music right there--those are common elements we're bringing to all the home devices.We didn't do Xbox just to do a video game; we did it to be part of our vision of the digital lifestyle, and with the next generation, we really get to go there. In the first generation, we had one simple goal, which was to establish credibility as a great video game platform. We've done that. Actually, the last few months in the United States, we outsold Sony with the PlayStation. So even though they have the biggest installed base, we are a very strong, credible No. 2 in that. As we go into this next generation, it's much broader.Yes, great video gaming but videogaming for a broader set of people, more communications, more media, more connectivity. And at the same time, we move up to things like high-definition graphics and wireless that the chip breakthroughs allow us to get to.So just for the games alone you'd go, wow, but the concept now of bringing in your music, your media, connecting to the PC, connecting Xbox Live to Messenger--that just makes it a very big deal.* It's a full entertainment center, basically.That's right. So Media Center PC and Xbox become totally complementary. You've seen a bit of that, where we let you take music from PCs and put it into game titles, and we have this extender concept where the Media Center can project through the Xbox, but that's just the start of what we can do there.* One thing that's kind of intriguing in Xbox 2 is you're participating a little more on the design of the silicon.Well, we have some key partners that we've announced. ATI and IBM are the key chip partners, and there are some others. But I'd say our sophistication is much higher in this second generation. So every level, what we're doing in tools, what we're doing in Live, the way we're working with the publishers, the way that we've gotten involved in the hardware design--we're being very coy about when and all that, but I'm certainly excited when it comes time to show at how much smarter we are getting to do it a second time with the team that's been built there.* Any interest in handhelds?We are not in the handheld space. We watch the intense competition of Sony, Nintendo, Nokia--whoever comes along with interest. Our portable gaming will be focused on things like getting onto the phones, getting onto portable PCs, but our Xbox team is focused on the TV-connected console. And the fact that Sony's a little distracted with that may let us do all the better in the next generation.Read the whole intreview on news.com.(January 5 23:55 EST)More Xbox2 Rumors>> Alex Abrecht (ex techTV/The Screen Savers) posted some info about the Xbox2 on his blog he claims to have from a Microsoft employee. Just take this news as what it is: a rumor.Quote:Here are the facts I found out:1) Hard Drive... Yes! There was some speculation that MS was going to take the HD out to make it more difficult to mod.2) Flash based HD... Yes! It was told to me that the HD was going to be flash based... small size fast access... BAM!3) No Stupid Dongle DVD playback... Yes! The reason that the first Xbox didn't have built in DVD playback is a simple one, Sony owns the intellectual property rights for DVD playback. Nuff said...4) Xbox2 at E3... Hell Yes! There will be an Xbox II maybe more at E3 this year...5) Xbox2 release date announced at E3... another Hell Yes!! MS will be announcing a release date for Xbox2...News-Source: alexalbrecht.typepad.com / engadget.com

Of the three new systems coming out soon, Xbox 360 will be the LAST things I get.I mean, buying Xbox was one of the biggest mistakes I made. The only good games where Halo and Halo 2, and Morrowind. Everything else was just a waste of money. Besides, you can get Morrowind and Halo for the P.C. So, I don't trust buying Xbox 360 because it might have bad games as well.So what if it has Halo 3. After I've seen the ending of Halo 2, and how bad it was for the effort they put in it, I don't even want to get the next. They're. in my opinion, trying to take people's money. Xbox 360 isn't going to be much different from Xbox, it's just what they want you to believe.I'd rather get Nintendo Revoulation or PS3, since they look real cool and actually have good games.

I would probably buy the Xbox 360 before the PS3. You can't go by the demos that they showed at E3 this year because most of that stuff wasn't actual gameplay. I just think Microsoft was in such a hurry to release the 360 that they didnt' put all the visuals into the games. That's why they paled in comparison to the PS3's demo. If you look now on like gamespot or any other gaming websites you'll see that the gaming for both systems look about the same. Not to mention the games that will be coming out on the 360 are looking better and better than they did at the actual E3 demo. I'm not ready just yet to shell out the 300-400 on a new system, but if I were I'd go with the 360.

There's new news about the Xbox and the HD-Rom or whatever its called I forget. It seems that games won't be using that format, and might not use it at all for games. They will be sticking with dual layered DVDs or something. There's an article about it somewhere at http://www.gamespot.com/ Check it out and click on the xbox360 section. There's one somewhere there and it talks about it. I wonder how this will do to the system as people find out they won't be using the best hardware for it. Thankfully the Hard Drive is staying...

I'm not impressed with the new Xbox atall, They releaced it way too early, There area already major callbacks, which people arn't getting there full money back for (100 bucks less than what they paied, so thats 300 dollars pretty much gone to waste), and to tell you the truth The graphics aren't too much greater than the old-gen console. And dont say I'm wrong, I work for the Geek-Squad in Appleton, (Bestbuy affiliates, infact inside of Best Buy, and helps them with everything).

We have 25 back-stock xboxes for the employes who want to buy them. I play it every day we have little work to do, and so far I have found out that it just plain sucks, I've plaied all the games and I could hardly tell the difference from some of the ps2 games that are the same game/game type. Project gotham racing said to be "The most realistic racing game to date" has no physcial damage, the cars sound plasticy and the graphics look exactly like GT4.

I would probably buy the Xbox 360 before the PS3.  You can't go by the demos that they showed at E3 this year because most of that stuff wasn't actual gameplay.  I just think Microsoft was in such a hurry to release the 360 that they didnt' put all the visuals into the games.  That's why they paled in comparison to the PS3's demo.  If you look now on like gamespot or any other gaming websites you'll see that the gaming for both systems look about the same.  Not to mention the games that will be coming out on the 360 are looking better and better than they did at the actual E3 demo.  I'm not ready just yet to shell out the 300-400 on a new system, but if I were I'd go with the 360.

1064327591[/snapback]

To what you said, your wrong:

1. The E3 Ps3 tech Demo was unbelivable true, but the games aren't at atall prerenders, The games were the actuall tech demo. Which means that is what the games are going to look like.

2. If you read above you will see why the xbox 360 games that will be coming out on the 360 aren't looking better and better than they did at the actual E3 demo. I went to E3 and the demo they gave for their system was horrible, and the playable demos that they had look actually better than the games they have out now, and apparently half of those games that they showed are never going to be releaced to the 360 console because the devolpers Backed off of the games.

3. The power supply & cooling for the system wasn't/still isn't even close to being ready. (If you didn't take time to read the first paragraph.

4. Final Rumor has it that the next Halo along with 1 & 2 will be coming out for ps3 as well seeing that the devoloper of Halo's contract is going to be gone by the time they get halo 3 done.

I woulden't go with the xbox even if it ment my life. I they releaced it way too early and that it's going to be a DreamCast all over again. If people weren't so stupid and looked at the tech specs for the systems they would Very quickly realize that even the Nintendo: Revolution, has better system specs than the Xbox 360, and actually a little less than the PS3.

I used to think that the Microsoft X-box 360 was really good and that it was worth buying. But when I went to GAME in Bentalls though, it looked so much much different that images and pictures I had seen on the internet. It looked so much bigger and wider and it doesn't really look secure standing vertically! However, the games and the graphics are well sweet ... does anyone know if Halo 3 is going out for the X-box 360?

an official price hasnt been released yet it is expected to hit the marked at a whoping $500.

Wow, $500 is alot of money ... does anyone know how much it will be in England? From what i've seen and heard about the X-box 360, I don't think that it is worth $500. If I was to put a price on it i'd say ÂŁ250 in English currency. But $500 is just too much.

There will be two levels of xbox live, silver and gold, of course gold being more expensive.

Do we know why Microsoft is doing this? I mean surely two levels of X-box Live would make this more complicated and confusing to players? However, I do like the different features that the two levels are offering us ... it make it more interactive I suppose.
And also, all the features that you mentioned in your first post onlyregret ... are they going to also be in the Nintendo Revolution and the Sony PS3? Because if they aren't then Microsoft will blow away all competition and hit the markets and shops straight away! :D

: / The bigger one is $500 smaller one is $300 Still to expensive for me : /. Sony and Nintendo are offering FREE online play. Not to mention Nintendo is Wyfi & lets you download all the reg&super Nintendo game for free. And the N64 n GC games for reduced cost.

Um, thanks for the scoop :D

This is old news by several weeks. Also $500 wont be the price tag. Were looking at getting it for around $300.

1064308756[/snapback]

i guess im a bit late replying to this thread but ill manage, first off there are 3 versions of the xbox 360 (both complete ripoffs) the xbox 360 for 400 and the xbox 360 core system for 500, obviously the coresystem has more stuff included but dont buy the system, it really isnt everything it says to be, save your money for a worth while system like nintedo codename revolution