xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Bob

Dead Or Alive

I prefer my fighting games in the flavor of Dead Or Alive 3. SImply put its the best fighting game to date. Many people put the series down(for obvious reasons) and consider it to be a button masher but thats simply becouse they are a scrub at playing it. There are a handfull of people who have got the most out of doa3 and they have experieanced just how deep the gameplay realy is. Unfortunately this isnt a place your average gamer can get to easily becouse it takes much practice and time. Ive seen many times the argumant that any random hack can button mash and defeat a pro 9-10 matches and I can safely say that it is not true. Any "pro" worth there salt would likely win all matches in perfect or near perfect form.I think the thing most holding doa back is its female charicters. Realy a shame that the game gets such a bad rep considering its no worse than most anime(the game is anime inspired) and realy pretty tame. :( I play for the fighting, not the boobs.Anyone else play? Anyone else actualy any good?

ahh..yes. once again we have yet another doa game. even though it wins for graphics hands down, it does lack game play and modes. the a.i is very cheap on anything higher than easy, the boss battle has a bad camera angle, and aerosmith is the soundtrack. the combos have little if any difference between them. I can't bear to go on about it's faults, but I can't go on to it's pros either, because the only one would be the girls. if you still want to buy it, at least you don't need to pay $60, because it is now a platinum hit. but, if you are like me, and become leery when you see a bunch of good reviews for a game, and you get one bad review, compare the reviews, rent or borrow the game, and see for yourself.

ahh..yes. once again we have yet another doa game. even though it wins for graphics hands down, it does lack game play and modes. the a.i is very cheap on anything higher than easy, the boss battle has a bad camera angle, and aerosmith is the soundtrack. the combos have little if any difference between them. I can't bear to go on about it's faults, but I can't go on to it's pros either, because the only one would be the girls. if you still want to buy it, at least you don't need to pay $60, because it is now a platinum hit. but, if you are like me, and become leery when you see a bunch of good reviews for a game, and you get one bad review, compare the reviews, rent or borrow the game, and see for yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the kind of observations you have made are quite amazing. The best part of doa is the subtle movements that are incorporated, but actually to make is more interesting is to create something like the stickman. Wow, what graphics, if you have not yet played that game, go to the site of flashgames and play for yourself. There you get to kill your opponent in many different ways. Boy, the feeling of being there equals the doa game but still there are some things to learn from stickman, created by one dutch guy. It is quite clear in content and also the movement of the characters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not hear to say that others opinions are wrong so dont think thats what im doing...

The AI in doa is not cheap in the least, its just not like other fighting games. Aerosmith on the soundrtrack.......who cares? That realy makes a game loose a point in your book? Thats more than just shallow...

The camera angle for the boss battle does suck indeed BUT its the only angle that would work in that situation. Perhaps they should have put in some mediocre boss like most other fighting games instead and have the final boss battle be bland and uneventfull.

DOA has as much depth as you are willing to put into it, and thats why I say that there are not many people who can actualy play the game. My guess is your not one of them.

Doa isnt about complex strings or difficult button presses, it was never intended to be. Instead of the victory going to whoever has memorised a command list the victory goes to whoever actualy PLAYS the game better.

I only played DOA 2: Hardcore on PS2. I have to admit thats one of my favorite PS2 fighting games. The game is extremely short but its really fun to play with 4 players doing tag team mode. And I also enjoy the survival mode to try to unlock the costumes. I love how they made this game and I wouldn't mind geting an XBox some day to be able to play these games online.

Thanks to DOA: Ultimate, now I've played all of the games. I like the series, even though I'll only ever be good at DOA2: HardcoreUltimate is awesome... it's still the best 3D online fighter, IMO... despite the lag you get from so many spectators sometimes.

this is imo the best fighting game. i have doa 3 on xbox and i have played doa2 and doa4 never played the first one. i have spent many of countless hours as brad wong (with his drunken fighting style) destroying on my friends the fights are more realistic to me, not the moves, but the pacing of the fights you could be defeating somebody but they can pull of a counter move and some combos or throws and they can be back in the fight. Tekken is also good game, almost the same, but i like doa's characters better. basicly doa is a party game it best played with friends in the room or on xbox live thats the way most fighting games should be. one player gametypes are just to unlock stuff besides you can unlock everything on easy. doa 3 is the only one im sure about. haha.

i heard the new one for xbox360 is suppose to be like excellent or beyond that, but i decided not to get a 360, the screenshots look great for it though

DO on xbox 360 is a great game, only if you can stay relaxed when the AI beats you before you can give her a simple kick... The counter system is now too difficult and somebody wo have never played to DOA can beat you by pushing every button at the same time... But the graphics are very clean and it's a real pleasure to do big combo easily. I'll buy valium next time i'll play... :o

I've only played doa 2 but some of the screen shots for the new one look Sweeet. I'm thinking about renting it but im still saving for a 360. I have heard good things from my friends about the gameplay though.

I have DOA 3 and DOA 4. Both runs great on my new 360!I have to say that DOA 4 has a much more sophisticated AI than DOA 3, everything is like 20x harder than DOA 3. Furthermore, there's this new feature that allows you to run around while you're waiting to play against other people online. It looks kidish, but it works :(xboxrulz

Im also a DOA fan! I think the various fighting styles are very well done! eg. Take 2 ninjitsu fighters and make them try throw each other! Its like a perfect style compliment!I just find the wrestling characters a bit difficult to play with although I struggle on cause Im a fan of wrestling. But all in all its a great game and it makes me long for xbox 360!