xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunny152

Laptop Selection Help

I'm going to buy a new laptop for playing Hauptwerk virtual MIDI pipeorgan and i need a powerful processor for the replacement of the desktop.My requirement is as follows. A Pentium 4, 2.5 GHz processor and motherboard, or an Athlon equivalent. 1 GB of RDRAM or DDR-RAM, depending on what is required by the motherboard.so which laptop is ideal for my requirement? Waiting for your replies,sunny.

hey dude, I reckon Intel is the better choice if you can afford for it. 2.5 GHz processor sounds all right but do not choose Celeron. 1 GB ram is more than enough for you, however, the more ram the better.You have missed two important factors is Video Card and Harddrive. The speed of your hard drive is vital, 5400rpm would be ok but 7200rpm is recommended. You should not choose integrated video card that shared you system memory and its memore should be about 64Mb or more.Then the question is: can you afford for it

hey dude, I reckon Intel is the better choice if you can afford for it. 2.5 GHz processor sounds all right but do not choose Celeron. 1 GB ram is more than enough for you, however, the more ram the better.

You have missed two important factors is Video Card and Harddrive. The speed of your hard drive is vital, 5400rpm would be ok but 7200rpm is recommended. You should not choose integrated video card that shared you system memory and its memore should be about 64Mb or more.

Then the question is: can you afford for it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and there are few new models in Toshiba satellite series that are reasonably priced.so which model is suitable for my requirement?

TOSHIBA A80-C430: Intel Celeron M processor 360 (1.4GHz, 400FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, 802.11b/g), WinXP Home Edition SP2, Intel 910GML Express chipset, 256MB, 40GB with shock absorber, 15.0" TFT with Clear SuperView Technology, CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo, upto 128MB shared VRAM, 6-in-1 card reader, FIR, IEEE 1394, 4x USB, 1-yr ILW (carry-in, part & labor)

Model No.

PSA80L-043003

TOSHIBA A80-P435: Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Intel Pentium M processor 730 (1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 802.11b/g), WinXP Home Edition SP2, Intel 915PM Express chipset, 256MB, 40GB with shock absorber, 15.0" TFT with Clear SuperView Technology, CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo, ATI MOBILITY RADEONÂŽ X300 w/64MB VRAM, harman/kardon speakers, 6-in-1 card reader, FIR, IEEE 1394, 4x USB, 1-yr ILW (carry-in, part & labor)

Model No.

PSA80L-01M003

TOSHIBA A80-P440

: Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Intel Pentium M processor 740 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 802.11b/g), WinXP Home Edition SP2, Intel 915PM Express chipset, 256MB, 40GB with shock absorber, 15.0" TFT with Clear SuperView Technology, DVD SuperMulti Drive (Double Layer), ATI MOBILITY RADEONÂŽ X300 w/64MB VRAM, harman/kardon speakers, 6-in-1 card reader, FIR, IEEE 1394, 4x USB, 1-yr ILW (carry-in, part & labor)

Model No.

PSA80L-03U003

TOSHIBA A80-P445

: Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Intel Pentium M processor 750 (1.86GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 802.11b/g), WinXP Home Edition SP2, Intel 915PM Express chipset, 512MB, 60GB with shock absorber, 15.0" TFT with Clear SuperView Technology, DVD SuperMulti Drive (Double Layer), ATI MOBILITY RADEONÂŽ X300 w/64MB VRAM, harman/kardon speakers, 6-in-1 card reader, FIR, IEEE 1394, 4x USB, 1-yr ILW (carry-in, part & labor)

Model No.

PSA80L-03V003

TOSHIBA A80-P2301:

Intel Centrino Mobile Technology w/ Intel Pentium M processor 730 (1.6GHz, 533MB FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 802.11b/g), WinXP Professional SP2, Intel 915GM Express chipset, 256MB, 40GB with shock absorber, 14.1 TFT, CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo, upto 128MB shared VRAM, 6-in-1 card reader, FIR, IEEE 1394, Serial port, 1-yr ILW (carry-in, part & labor)

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks,

sunny

Your first post contradicts your second post. You say you need 2.5 but the toshiba's you posted are less than 1.8.

Like dungsport says do not go with celeron (it is the cheaper more afordable) processor.

You should check out
Dell XPS

These are for gamers but if your going to be doing video editing, or playing pipeorgan then it will work as well, if not better.

Hope this Helps