xisto Community
Artluo100

Help On Choosing A Photography Digital Camera I really need some help deciding

During maybe in the last few weeks I've became interested in digital photography. I've been looking at reviews and what really caught my eye was the Canon Rebel ( I think that's the name ) . Anyway is this a good camera? Can you point out some links for good digital photography cameras? I'm a beginner at this but I don't want some of those cameras for the true beginners. I have some expirience with digital photography. Thanks. I appreciate it a lot. :(

I would have to say one of the better cameras currently out is the Canon Digital Rebel XT. It is a little pricey running usually around $1,000. It is one of the fastest digital cameras out, it is virtually instant. Most digital cameras have a quite noticeable delay from the time you fully depress the shutter button till the time it takes the shot (unless it was readied by holding it down half way).
Canon Digital Rebel XT

This camera takes pictures at 8 mega pixels (8 million pixels) for an extreme quality. It also has interchangeable lenses for which you can buy a new lens if you don't find the one that comes with it fulfilling your needs.

If you can't spend the money, or something a little bit easier to handle, I would suggest the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7. It shoots at 5.1 mega pixels and is one of the slimmest digital cameras I have seen. It is usually priced around $500.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7

Steve's Digicam Reviews and Digital Camera Reviews are two great places to find detailed information on any camera.

GO there and read up on some of the cameras available. It might help to do your homework before buying.

I know a lady who has a Canon camera and raves about it. In fact, she can talk about the virtues of Canon until you just have to smile, nod and RUN! :(

Hope these sites help.

During maybe in the last few weeks I've became interested in digital photography. I've been looking at reviews and what really caught my eye was the Canon Rebel ( I think that's the name ) . Anyway is this a good camera? Can you point out some links for good digital photography cameras? I'm a beginner at this but I don't want some of those  cameras for the true beginners. I have some expirience with digital photography. Thanks. I appreciate it a lot.

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there...Canon Digital Rebel is an excellent camera. The new one is a 8 MP Digial SLR - which means that you can us any exisiting Canon Rebel EOS lens. This is handy for the prosumer crowd and has many advance features. There is one thing to note about this camera: you don't use the LCD screen to take pictures. You must use the view finder.

The best site on the internet to get info on digital camera's is https://www.dpreview.com/ You can do a side-by-side features look at multiple cameras.

When buying the digital camera, consider the following questions: What are you going to do with the pictures? Print them out? What sort zoom do you want (i.e. how far away is the subject of the picture going to be?). What type of photographer are you going to be (i.e. do you want to play around with the camera setting...adjusting the shutter speed and aperture range?)?

If you can answer these questions, then it will easier to find the perfect camera for you.

Tang0312

Eh, DPreview is mostly a bunch of guys testing to see if their camera is indeed "the best." Oh, and there's usually the typical Nikon vs. Canon debate. I tend to prefer FredMiranda.com for reviews, as they deal with how the actual equipment works and doesn't tend to compare too much with other products. While Dpreview's reviews are very comprehensive, I like hearing about the typical user's experiences. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.As stated above, go with a DSLR. Your initial investment will be high, but you'll have a far superior product. I love my Canon 10D, and while I know the 20D has major improvements, I don't see any real reason for me to upgrade. Why? Because the 10D is just that good. Canon makes awesome products, and I've invested quite a bit of cash in their line. Nikon makes good stuff too, but their consumer cameras are junk in my opinion. Go with the Digital Rebel XT and open your eyes to DSLRs.

i have heard alot of good thing about the nikon D70 for a digital slr. It is apparently really good and doesnt cost too mcuh at the moment, i saw it for about 600 sterling - not sure about dollars.it is apparently good for sports aswell and i have seen photos taken from it and the colour come out well for dslr. or get a canon eos1, mini home lab and a really good slide scanner!!!!

my dream cam is a canon DSLR but I could only afford a point and shoot cammy cam is a canon a530 but i will try to make good pictures of it. I will just haveto improvise and see what my baby can do. if you know any good image host siteplease pm me thanks

I personally have an Olympus E-500, which works great, but on a phone call to a local newspaper (for whom I am trying to get a job as a photographer) when I told them about it, they sort of scoffed at it. It's really a good camera for the amateur photographer. 8 Megapixels, and it's major feature, which I'm sure more and more companies are going to start adopting, is a ultrasonic mini blast on the CCD to blow microscopic dust off the ccd chip to prevent dust inside the camera's photo-sensors. My college has a Canon Digital Rebel, and it works just as well, if not better. I seem to get better photos with the Canon, but I don't like their setup. The Olympus allows you 4 different ways for saving photos, and also the compression rate. So if I was shooting something really important, I could shoot in TIF or RAW mode, which is a huge filesize, but maximum quality. If I wanted more photos on my dinky 512 card (I recommend getting a gig, at the least) then I would opt for the SQ JPEG (or HQ JPEG) with various compression, depending on the importance of the shots. If I know I'm just going to take a bunch of shots of my friends and I for Facebook or Myspace, then I lower the resolution to 1600x1200 or so, to save space and get 500 shots on my card, or if I was shooting portraits for customers who are going to be printing these photos out, I'd opt for RAW or TIF format, depending on what I felt like that day :ph34r:The Canon Digital Rebel, from what I can tell, only has "Small, medium and large" options for resolution, which isn't good enough for me. I want to know how many pixels I'm using!If you're going for customization and relative ease of use, I'd recommend the Olympus. If you're going to be taking professional photos, try the Canon.

My girlfriend's dad is a photographer and he swears by Nikon. He recently upgraded from using traditional SLR cameras to the digital SLRs, and they are definitely worth the little bit of extra money. If you're aiming to spend a bit of money for a good product, you would have to consider getting some more lens to expand the functionality of your camera. I think that Canon are great, but I prefer Nikon cameras for the better quality photos when taken with varying contrasts. Nikons are also very good for battery life, and I can't speak for Canons. I would say definitely one of those two brands would be a good bet. I would go with Nikon if I was in the market for a digital SLR camera. Can't wait to save up enough dough to afford one. It's a potentially expensive hobby, but very rewarding =) Memories do afterall, last forever if recorded on the right media