xisto Community
Uncle Bob

Atlantis Journey to Atlantis

I found out about a week ago a group of archeologists and scientists were making a journey underneath the Atlantic Ocean to search for the lost city of Atlantis. I don't know wether they found anything or not, but i thought it would just be crazy if they found Atlantis. And what would be even more crazier is that if they were living in an airtight bubble type thing, so their race never actually died out.P.S. I know there are too many flaws in that happening, for example they wouldn't have enough food to survive all those milleniums. blah blah blah, i know.

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. It would be amazing if they were able to find Atlantis. There would be so many unanswered questions... answered! It would be like finding an extinct animal alive. I hope they do find something, that's really interesting.

P.S. I know there are too many flaws in that happening, for example they wouldn't have enough food to survive all those milleniums. blah blah blah, i know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not enough food in the ocean? You have got to be kidding! The most difficult problem I see is the pressure, 1 additional atmosphere for every 10 meters below the surface.

The story of it sinking into the sea makes it likely to be based on island of Thera, but the story of elephants makes me wonder if it might be based on the sea traders from Carthage, or a mixture of both. Since there is no evidence of an advanced civilization in the Azores as well as being covered by a million years of sediment, I doubt that this is the source of the legend.

Ah the Wonderous and mysterious lost city of Atlantis wouldn't it be something if it was actually found. And by the way I wonder just how advanced they really were I'm sure that some of the stuff has been far to over acagerated but I guess a lot of the stuff it true. Some much mystery surrounding it it's hard to figure our what should be real and what should be fake, but seriously if the civilization of Atlantis really did exist and they really were super advanced why did they seem to just vanish isn't that really wierd almost like something just erased them, eh I'm overthinking things again.

Just a quick question- what exactly would finding it prove? It's just a lost archeoligical site, we have hundreds of those.. what's this one got over the others? :( :(

IMO, Atlantis can be thrown into that category with the Loch Ness Monster... There have been numberous scientific attempts to prove they exist, but none have been proven fruitful, which only further proves them to be wives tales.The Bermuda Triandgle, on the other hand now is believed to be underwater pockets of gas, that rises to the surface and messes up air pressure and all.But back to Atlantis... odds of it to be found are about as good as the earth spontaneously combusting :(

I suppose thet atlantis has really excist but, it hasn't get the technology such like in the stories. Whit the iceages there was so many land that it's possibel that there was a land where now an sea is

If you wanna read something on the topic, check out this article. (I wrote it! :()

After writing that I didn't know where to put Atlantis anymore. But the ways these archeologist want to find it doesn't seem very smart to me. Sattelites would have been much better to locate it, and surely there are enough to make a picture of the Atlantic ocean and notice something weird.

But for us, the romantics, Atlantis will always remain a great world of mystery. If I could make a wishlist, I certainly would place 'Ask Plato where Atlantis is' in the top ten.

They couldn't live down there forever, they would need an ecosystem like plants to make oxygen, right? Plus they need food and ****. It's underwater. I believe there could be a city, but they can't live there. They could just dig it up or learn about it. It's like the giant squid, they live at the bottom of the ocean, where we have never been. It won't be awhile till we get to see some extrodinary stuff. I'll be like 90. :lol:

Well apparently the people of Atlantis is very smart and if there is a city of Atlantis for real, they would have ways to breath underwater, find resource, and hidden away from us. Heck! If it is true, they could even have the ability to cloak the whole city under the deep blue atlantic. All in all, you dont need to correct me if Im wrong, but like religion (it gives hope to mankind and give them a meaning in their lives), the lost city of Atlantis is probably something to give Archeologists and Hardcore SciFi people a reason to continue their beliefs and gives meaning to their lives......Chin chin....

Wasn't Atlantis meant to be some Greek or other Meditteranean island which sank below the waves after a volcano eruption or something? I don't think the airtight bubble is very likely, since even today we don't have technology powerful enough to do that.

I was watching a show on how they belive certain ancient civilizations were decendents of Atlantis. For example the eqyptions and the mayans. They both have Pyramids. Coincedence or aliens or atlantis?

My personal opinion on the subject is this- Scientists know exactly where it is, but, due to the current political climate, it would be disadvantageous for them to announce where it is. The reason I think this is because, when you read what little is written about the island and when it sank, it mentions mountains to the north, west, and east. When you put that all together, including the fact many prominent people believe it to have been in or around the Atlantic, you come up with Cuba. No scientist is going to announce it, just so Castro can get all the glory and most of the gold.

That could be an option, if Atlantis realy is near Cuba then there will not be many scientists who like to discover it, Castro get more money and glory and the CIA will maybe eliminate you for doing it. And that's the last thing what people want, or you have to be crazy or just realy sad.