xisto Community
sunny152

Laptop Screen Cleaner

Recently i purchased new Mercury laptop and now there is lot of dust on the LCD screen.so how should i clean my laptop screen?is there any laptop cleaners available?Thanks,sunny

Any very soft rag (and I mean really soft) can be used to clean dust off of a laptop screen. For other gunk (dried oil from fingers, food goblets, etc.) You will need a specially treated rag. I have heard said that Windex will work, but Windex is a might strong for the plastic over the liquid crystals and I don't recommend it. Any computer store, such as CompUSA will sell treated rags for cheap thatcan be used to clean the screen and then discarded. I recently purchased some and they worked very well. Simply ask an associate where they are, and find the cheapest one, if your screen is bad enough to need the most expensive one (since they are all probably the same, except for the most expensive which will be extra special) your screen probably has scratches and you will need to look for one that can help remove scratches (most of the ones I've seen that do this do so by wearing dow the screen around the scratch, in which case you might as well use Windex.)~Viz

Always use 100% cotton cloths or rags. Anything else will leave streaks or leftovers of the cloth. I have used rubbing alcohol on my laptop and it just evaporated without damaging the laptop screen at all.

Make sure you use rubbing alchohol, anything else may be too strong. And if some gunk won't come off, lightly go over it in the same direction a couple of times or you may scratch the monitor.~Viz

Klear Screen is the way to go.

Read their site.

Some of the products that we might use for cleaning the bathroom mirror, can harm the delicate screens of the newer LCD monitors.

FAQ tells why you should never use glass cleaner on the monitor.

I like the new microfiber cloths for cleaning. They do a good job without streaking and don't leave behind any lint.

What you actualy need is any kind of mild Isopropyl alcohol. Most screen cleaners that you buy in Computer stores are Isopropyl. Also take a look at your cd cleaner fluid. The spray variety. many times that will do the trick as they are also Isopropyl.

What you actualy need is any kind of mild Isopropyl alcohol. Most screen cleaners that you buy in Computer stores are Isopropyl. Also take a look at your cd cleaner fluid. The spray variety. many times that will do the trick as they are also Isopropyl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bob,

Can i use cd cleaner fluid for cleaning my laptop screen?is it contains isopropyl alcohol?

Thanks to one and all,

sunny

Well, I'm going to chime in with my two cents. I use a microfiber lens cleaning cloth. Soak it in water and put a drop of non-concentrated dish soap on it, spread it around then rinse the cloth out once (so it still has a trace of soap in it, the trace of soap acts as a wetting agent to avoid streaking - you're not looking it to actually clean the screen) and squeeze as much water out of it as you can. Gently wipe the screen with this. The results are great, and it seems to be relatively very safe.