xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

My Creations... at least signature creations

Hey all, i love photoshop and flash and max... so here are some sigs ive created for a different website i am a member of... most of these are either for me, other members on the site, or for contest purposes... i figured i would just create one topic and put as many as possible in it instead of one topic for each sig haha :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image<------------>Posted Image

Your EarthWorm Jim and GM Radio banners are definitly your better ones. I'm not a fan of your Vertical "Missing" banners however, maybe it's just the font and the colors or perhaps it's the background, but I don't know it just doesn't look as nice as the stock image at the bottom seems to demand from it. The Earthworm Jim banner is really good however, I really like the effect you use, however I have a suggestion for another similar banner, perhaps instead of the effect scrolling back and forth along the banner, it could flash to each portion of the banner. For instance it'll focus on the left Jim stock, then the right Jim stock, then finally settle on the title "Earth Worm Jim" in the middle casting the other two stock images in blurry shadows. Then perhaps it too could blur and darken and then flash white and bam, the full banner could be shown. It just seems it would match the personality of the show trying to be comically dramatic.The GM Radio has really good balance, and font, however I think it could really use a nice boarder. Perhaps a dark green? I'm not sure what would look best but I think it would really set it off more and catch the eye nicely. The LP banners are a little blurry however, and the coours in them don't work well with the cut-out images of the artist's heads. I like the effect of the heads and images all meshing together but the background images and colors just don't work well with them. I don't know what would, perhaps an image of the 'Faint' video in the background? Or maybe just sizing it a little larger would help it? I'm not sure, but I think with the size and the colors it really subtracts from the image. The Resident Evil banner has really good stock but it's very plain and doesn't catch the eye quite as much as the top two. Perhaps having only one stock as the center attraction? I'm not sure what would help it more, less images or perhaps a better background other then black. And then finally the vertical banners again, which I'm not really a fan of. The font isn't to bad, but the background color just clashes with it, and makes them look really 'blah'. I love the stock though, but just something about it isn't very eye appealing.But like I said above, the first two are really, really good. And I hope you aren't hurt by the critism, because I think all of them were done very well and you did a very good job with them. Great work. :(

Im not too much in track with games... So my comment for this creation would be too subjective... Anyway from my point of view, these are very nice creations, just this first (it's an animated gif) it's too simple for me... Other than that rest of the work is pretty good. nice job.

Your EarthWorm Jim and GM Radio banners are definitly your better ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree those two are your best. But with the EarthWorm Jim I did not like the effect that you used. Maybe have it like a spot light effect with the blur then at the end have the entire in focus. With the GM Radio I agree there should be some kind of border otherwise it just looks flat and plain at the edges (which does not fit with the rest of the image).

The LP banners are a little blurry however, and the coours in them don't work well with the cut-out images of the artist's heads.  I like the effect of the heads and images all meshing together but the background images and colors just don't work well with them.  I don't know what would, perhaps an image of the 'Faint' video in the background?  Or maybe just sizing it a little larger would help it?  I'm not sure, but I think with the size and the colors it really subtracts from the image.

I agree the images are a little blurry and I think that they look a little too dull.  Maybe have some kind of motion in there, maybe from the logo moving in or something like that? As for having images of the 'Faint' video... I would be careful about that only because is copyrighted and you don't want to get into any trouble ... right?  :(  :(

Those images do not fit with the theme of the band either... Sure you use there fonts and logos and pictures but that is not enough.

The Resident Evil banner has really good stock but it's very plain and doesn't catch the eye quite as much as the top two.  Perhaps having only one stock as the center attraction?  I'm not sure what would help it more, less images or perhaps a better background other then black. 

I agree the Resident Evil banner really needs something to "liven it up". Maybe have the characters move around on the banner or something like that?

And then finally the vertical banners again, which I'm not really a fan of.  The font isn't to bad, but the background color just clashes with it, and makes them look really 'blah'.  I love the stock though, but just something about it isn't very eye appealing.

I agree I HATE vertical banners... in my opinion forget about them...

Notice from Rudy:

I it is useless to quote the whole of someone post instead of making a response to what they say. It is lazy and unaccepted. Take warning!

I like the Earthworm Jim sig, i like the way it has a blurred white silouette in the background.do you fancy writing up a tutorial for that one?Keep up the good work :P