xisto Community
feroze

Help With Sound Controller Sound control is not there

hi guys i need help with this the sound control option in my computer which controls mike settings etc. are not there.yesterday i was just messing around with my comp when i accidently went to add and remove components and removed the 'accessories and utilities ' components.when i tried installing it again it told to put ur XP professional CD in.I did it and it started the install then suddenly a message came teelling that freecell.dat want found on the CD so installion is aborted.I tried it repeatedly but it didnt work :DIm not able to switch on my mike.Some1 plz help me with this----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MESS WID DA BEST DIE LIKE THE REST - UNDERTAKER----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify what happened, you went Control Panel->Add Or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components then checked Accesories and Utilities, and hit Next, and it said freecell.dat was not found on the cd and aborted? Did I get that right? If so, freecell.dat is a game file, so go back to the Add/Remove Windows Components but this time select Accessories and Utilities and hit details. Deselect games, and make sure that Accessories is selected. Then try and complete the installation.~Viz